Good evening! I received my gauges this evening and completed the following:
1. Tested, 0 psi on both blue and red.
2. Vacuumed system for 30 minutes.
3. Let system rest for 30 mins, gauges held at -30.
4. Attached gauges and attempted to add Freon which would not take.
5. Started truck.
6. Removed blue adapter from low side, attached hose that came with the refill bottle, added Freon up to approximately 50 psi.
7. Low side line into firewall got cold.
8. Compressor did not cycle on.
9. Reattached blue adapter to low side.
10. Some Freon escaped, quickly closed valves.
11. Observed blue gauges decline to approximately 20-25 psi, estimate this occurred because the compressor did not turn on and pressurize system.
12. Red gauge held at approximately 20-25 psi.
Please advise as to the next step. Thank you for your time and advice.
Thursday, July 16th, 2020 AT 7:43 PM