2007 Cadillac CTS won't start after fill up

ITCHY386
  • 2007 CADILLAC CTS

Car refuses to start after I fill it up with gas, but if I push the gas pedal down and then crank it then it starts. (Starts without a problem normal). Hope you guys can help.

Tuesday, March 1st, 2011 AT 2:23 AM

PROTECH1980
  • 926 POSTS

Do you know if there are any Diagnostic Trouble Codes/check engine light stored in the ecm? I have not personally seen this, but I did some research and have come across a few Cadillacs with same problem, more than likely this is going to be your Evaporative emmissions (EVAP) canister purge solenoid/valve malfunctioning. The EVAP purge solenoid controls the flow of vapors from the EVAP system to the intake manifold. This normally closed solenoid is pulse width modulated (PWM) by the control module to precisely control the flow of fuel vapor to the engine. The solenoid will also be opened during some portions of the EVAP testing, allowing engine vacuum to enter the EVAP system. If yours is staying open while fueling it is letting more than ussaul gas fumes into the intake creating a hard start condition. Hope this helps.

+2
Please consider a donation if we helped you
Tuesday, March 1st, 2011 AT 3:49 AM