CAR WILL NOT START

2007 Cadillac CTS

henrydg

January, 14, 2011 AT 1:34 AM

I have a 2007 cadillac cts, when you try to start it, it cranks but does not start. It acts as if it is flooded. I did'nt think you could flooed a fuel injected engine.

January, 14, 2011 AT 1:36 AM

Cranks but no start condition: Do below to determine whether it's fuel or spark issue: Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test