2003 Honda Accord Left Turn Signal Won't Work

RENE2KG
  • 2003 HONDA ACCORD
I recently took my 2003 Accord to the dealer because my left turn signal would not come on. They told me the bulbs and fuses were fine, that it was an electrical problem that would cost me $99 to diagnose. Can anyone offer help, on what the problem is or how to diagnose it myself.
Wednesday, May 28th, 2008 AT 1:07 PM

KHLOW2008
If you knows the basics of electrical, then you can do the job.

Does engaging the hazard switch woek all the signal lights?

If yes, then no problem with bulbs or wiring circuit. Either the control switch or flasher relay unit is at fault.

Might also be neceassary to check current supply to hazard switch from signal switch.
Thursday, May 29th, 2008 AT 10:32 AM
RENE2KG
Thanks for your response, no only only the right flashers work. When I turn my lights on the bulbs do work, they just wont flash. Should I still check the control switch, flasher relay and the current supply?
Thursday, May 29th, 2008 AT 11:59 AM
KHLOW2008
Hi,

If the lights works but won't flash, then should be a defective flasher unit relay.
Thursday, May 29th, 2008 AT 1:06 PM
RENE2KG
My boyfriend has been under my dash where my fuses are located and cant find the flasher relay location, can you tell me where it is?
Thursday, May 29th, 2008 AT 1:11 PM
KHLOW2008
Hi,

Operate the right signal and locate where the ticking noise is coming from, that is the unit.
Thursday, May 29th, 2008 AT 1:48 PM
ALS35
If the bulbs check OK, and the right turn signal works, it is most likely the flasher relay. It is located behind the left kick panel, in front of driver door. To the upper right. Pull out the flasher unit, jumper between pins 2 & 6 (1 is at top, 6 is at bottom) Switch on left blinker. If the bulbs light up, you have a faulty flasher unit. New ones are about $35 at your dealer. It's only money! Cheaper diong it yourself.
Thursday, March 12th, 2009 AT 6:22 PM