Turn signal and hazard lights don't work

FROHNIE
  • 1997 HONDA ACCORD

Electrical problem 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 154000 miles

So, a couple of days ago my turn signal stopped working along with the hazard lights. When I flip the arm to activate the turn signal, the light in the dash does NOT light up at all and it doesn't make the "click sound" that the blinkers do when they are going, but when I make the turn, the arm goes back to the neutral position. I checked the hazard light fuse and it is still good. Brake lights are working fine. Thanks in advance for any help :)

Thursday, October 14th, 2010 AT 12:13 PM

2CARPROS KEN

There is a light out module and a flasher that need to see if they are getting power and connecting to the remainder of the system. It sounds like the flasher has gone bad.

Here is a guide to help you see how to test the system

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Here are the wiring diagrams for the blinkers etc. (below)

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers, Ken

Wednesday, November 29th, 2017 AT 4:28 PM
2CARPROS-ARCHIVES
  • 1998 HONDA ACCORD

My hazard lights dont work iv changed the switch but stil nothing I think its the wiring because theres power at the fuse box but not at the connection in the dash. Does anyone hav any ideas before I pull my dash out?? Andy

+1
Wednesday, November 29th, 2017 AT 4:29 PM (Merged)
DACRAZYT08
  • 1995 HONDA ACCORD

1995 Honda Accord

My hazard lights and turn signal lights dont work. I replace the fuses and they blow out within a minute.

F4I_GUY

Something is obviously shorting out the circuit. It may be a shorted out bulb socket, or a switch such as the multi-function switch or hazard switch. It's going to take some time and a schematic to help pinpoint the problem.

DACRAZYT08

Do you think I could need a new relay flasher since both hazard and turn signals dnt work.

WAY2TENSE
  • 1997 HONDA ACCORD

1997 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 168 miles

My signal lights do not work. I checked the signal fuse in the under dash fuse box and that is ok.
I asked the guy at the auto store and he sold me a flasher plug saying it goes under the dash, but is not a fuse.
I checked it out and am pretty sure I found it, but cannot remove. Small space, locked in somehow.
Is there something I need to use to remove it?
And,
Once it is replaced, will that possibly fix my signal light problem, or am I wasting my time and effort.

Audrey

DAVE H

The part you have bought is the flasher relay. Yes it will probably repair your flasher's.

Turn Signal/Hazard Relay. In underdash fuse/relay box.

It just pulls out. And the new one pushes back in.

MICHAELZIOBROWSKI
  • 1997 HONDA ACCORD

New battery horn and flashers work nothing else not even a click when key is turned

There are two fuses underhood in fuse box, one is battery and the other is ign switch. See if those aare blown or not.A testlight will owrk if you don't want to pull them out. If not that then try resetting security system. It shold be in your manual.

JKILGORE
  • 1996 HONDA ACCORD

1996 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 2200 miles

how to install

JMOKWO
  • 1996 HONDA ACCORD

1996 Honda Accord 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 190000 miles

The hazard lights will not turn off. The indicator light on the switch will go off, but the flashers stay on. Further, when the right turn signal is turned on only thr right signals flash. However, all the signals flash when the turn signals are off and when the left turn signal is turned on.

BRUCE HUNT

I just had this problem occur with my daughters 96 Accord. We took the switch out of the car and I was able to spray in a bit of oil, something light like sewing machine oil or 3 in 1 etc to loosen up the switch and the drag of the button on the sides of the switch. The problem is that the switch runs both left and right turn signals at the same time but because of the sticking, one is not releasing properly. If this does not do the trick, it did in her case, replace the switch.

+3
WH099470
  • 1997 HONDA ACCORD

1997 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 170, 00 miles

The turn signal flashes normally until I step on the brake, then it starts flashing fast. All the lights in the rear flash together. When headlights are turned on the turn signal flashes fast without pressing the brake.

BMRFIXIT

Most common would be some one installed the wrong light bulb