1995 Honda Accord Turn Signals Making Buzzing Noise

BIGALCALBISQUE
  • 1995 HONDA ACCORD
My turn signals on either side will work for about 10 seconds and then they dont work and I hear a rather loud buzzing noise coming from around the steering column where it meets the dashboard. The same thing happens with my emergency flashers. If I dont use the turn signals for awhile and then use them, I get the 10 second use again. The longer I dont use the turn signals the longer they will work up to the 10 second limit.
I did replace the flasher and that did not change anything.
Thanks in advance, Al
Monday, March 17th, 2008 AT 4:31 PM

You probably have a wiring problem to the combo flasher or the combination switch itself-
Monday, March 17th, 2008 AT 5:36 PM
GARY5X5
I have a 1994 Honda Accord and the turn signals and the hazard light is buzzing when I use them. Discovered it was the relay that was buzzing (just above the fuse box by the driver's left foot, the one furthest from the motor; do not need to remove the fuse box cover). I replaced it (bending the two tabs outward) but the problem persisted. I took the car to an electronic automotive repair shop and they discovered that it was the hazard switch that was the problem. Voltage to the relay goes through this switch before it goes to the relay. I replaced it and the problem was resolved. The hazard switch is easy to replace; just insert a spade screwdriver at the bottom, where there is a little notch. Pry the switch out. Disconnect it from the connector (by pressing in the little tab) and pull it out. Replace it with Honda part number 35510-SV4-003. It costs about $60 but if other foreign auto parts stores have it, it is probably cheaper. You could always get one from an auto wrecking yard but who knows if it will last very long. The problem was not caused by a faulty ground connection somewhere as suggested by other websites.
+1
Thursday, December 24th, 2015 AT 10:58 AM
LOKROBSTER
This is the best post on the internet that I found when researching this problem for a few hours last night.

It is possible to fix dead buzz turn signals by *cleaning* the contacts inside the Hazard Switch box, ymmv.

Dirty/Corroded innards of my hazard switch made my 1994 Accord Wagon have no turn signals. Took the hazard switch apart, cleaned and back together. A little bad news in that I killed the "switcher" mechanism in my Hazards; they work but I have to hold it to keep it on! I'll get a new one soon, but at least the signals work in the meantime.

(Original Symptom: right and left turn signal didn't work and the flasher relay BUZZED really loudly. Like a 1960s VW horn. I replaced the flasher relay and the new one didn't work either and made a rapid clicky noise, twice as fast as a "hyper-flash" that LED bulbs will cause. Other symptom that the bad hazard switch will give is your turn signals will trigger even without a key in the ignition: hazards are always Hot Voltage but turn signals *should* require key.)
Sunday, February 19th, 2017 AT 10:08 PM
KEN
Hey,

Great addition to this thread! Please feel free to help out on the site whenever it can add information that will help people.

Best, Ken
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017 AT 2:16 PM