Engine Stalling

AMAUTO
  • 2006 DODGE CHARGER
Hi I have a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7. The car keeps stalling on me. When the car is cold I can drive it all over until it reaches operating temp, then it stalls. There was a p1521 code so I changed oil and cleared. Now there is a P0300 multiple misfire. I have replaced fuel pumps, Crank sensor, Cam sensor, Plugs, Air filter and ECT sensor. Before the car stalls the ETC light flashes and stability light is solid. If I let the car cool down it will start and run again til it is warm. Please help where do I go next?
Monday, July 18th, 2011 AT 11:27 PM

RIVERMIKERAT

This sounds like the ASD relay is getting hot and shutting down the engine here is a guide to help you confirm the issue and the engine wiring diagrams so you can see how the system works along with the ASD relay locations.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what happens.

Cheers
+1
Tuesday, July 19th, 2011 AT 12:08 AM
AMAUTO
I have checked fuel pressure readings are normal 59psi. Fuel pressure regulator and filter are on the new fuel pumps. All coils are firing as they are supposed to be. I work at a shop and have pretty much did everything including a back pressure test. I have done a smoke test and cannot find any vac leaks. I have done everything, but flash the computer. I don't think it is a computer issue though.
-2
Tuesday, July 19th, 2011 AT 1:29 AM
RIVERMIKERAT
Have you checked the ASD relay? I don't think it's a fuel pump issue.
Tuesday, July 19th, 2011 AT 3:27 AM
AMAUTO
I have figured out The 2006 Dodge Charger 5.7 Hemi stalling issue thanks for the tip on the ASD it fixed the problem :) I love this site.
+2
Sunday, July 24th, 2011 AT 1:42 AM
RIVERMIKERAT
Glad you could get it fixed, that kind of problem can be tough. Please use 2CarPros anytime we are here to help

Cheers
Sunday, July 24th, 2011 AT 2:08 AM
CHADWICKCEO
Mine was doing the same thing yours was doing. Thanks for the help!
+1
Sunday, August 10th, 2014 AT 11:25 AM