06 Charger Stalling

AMAUTO
  • 2006 DODGE CHARGER

Hi I have a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7. The car keeps stalling on me. When the car is cold I can drive it all over until it reaches operating temp, then it stalls. There was a p1521 code so I changed oil and cleared. Now there is a P0300 multiple misfire. I have replaced fuel pumps, Crank sensor, Cam sensor, Plugs, Air filter and ECT sensor. Before the car stalls the ETC light flashes and stability light is solid. If I let the car cool down it will start and run again til it is warm. Please help where do I go next?

Monday, July 18th, 2011 AT 11:27 PM

RIVERMIKERAT

Check the pressure regulator. This sounds like a vapor lock issue. Find a parts store that loans tools and borrow a fuel pressure tester. Check the pressure when the engine is cold and when it's hot. They should be within a few pounds of each other. You may also want to check to be sure the fuel filter is flowing properly. Have a shop put it on a scope to make sure the coils are firing properly.

-1
Tuesday, July 19th, 2011 AT 12:08 AM
AMAUTO

I have checked fuel pressure readings are normal 59psi. Fuel pressure regulator and filter are on the new fuel pumps. All coils are firing as they are supposed to be. I work at a shop and have pretty much did everything including a back pressure test. I have done a smoke test and cannot find any vac leaks. I have done everything, but flash the computer. I don't think it is a computer issue though.

-1
Tuesday, July 19th, 2011 AT 1:29 AM
RIVERMIKERAT

Have you checked the pressure at the fuel rail? I don't think it's a computer issue either, otherwise it would show up more regularly. Check system grounds. Verify proper output for the charging system and battery condition, also. Check the condition of the plug wires. Make sure none are shorting out or arcing.

-2
Tuesday, July 19th, 2011 AT 3:27 AM
AMAUTO

I have figured out The 2006 Dodge Charger 5.7 Hemi stalling issue. I came to this site for help and even paid a donation and explained everything I did to this car and all I got was someone who couldn't read. I posted EVERYTHING I did and he was still havig me go back and check the things I already did. Don't answer questions if you don't know the answer. I will not return to this site ever again.

Sunday, July 24th, 2011 AT 1:42 AM
RIVERMIKERAT

I wouldn't have been able to answer or attempt to answer your question if I couldn't read. I was following typical diagnostic routines. Nowhere did I ask you to repeat things you said you'd already done. The only one that came close I was asking for clarification about where and how a specific test had been done. Have a nice day.

Sunday, July 24th, 2011 AT 2:08 AM
CHADWICKCEO

Well please share the information because mine is doing the same thing yours was doing. Please help.

+1
Sunday, August 10th, 2014 AT 11:25 AM
TEELODD

What was the issue with your dodge charger? Mine is doing the same thing

+1
Tuesday, April 21st, 2015 AT 3:44 PM