You have to remove the inter-cooler. Here are the directions. The picture attached correlates with the directions.
2005 Mini Cooper S (R53) L4-1.6L SC (W11)
13 31 029 Checking Fuel Pump Delivery Pressure
Vehicle Powertrain Management Fuel Delivery and Air Induction Fuel Pump Fuel Pressure Testing and Inspection Component Tests and General Diagnostics 13 31 029 Checking Fuel Pump Delivery Pressure
13 31 029 CHECKING FUEL PUMP DELIVERY PRESSURE
Checking Fuel Pump Delivery Pressure
Turn off ignition.
On Cooper S remove intercooler.
- Protect the intercooler from damage.
- Intercooler sealing rings must always be installed dry, do not lubricate them.
- Remove intercooler cover retaining bolts.
- Remove intercooler cover.
- Remove sealing ring fixing bracket bolts and remove upper brackets.
- Remove intercooler cover mounting bracket bolts and remove brackets.
- Remove intercooler from right hand side.
- Check sealing rings for splits and cracks, replace as necessary.
- Ensure that intercooler sealing rings are correctly located.
- Install threaded sealing ring brackets at the bottom.
- Intercooler cover to intercooler. 9 Nm
- Intercooler sealing ring bracket to sealing ring. 9 Nm
- Holding bracket to manifold. 9 Nm
- Supercharger outlet retaining bolts. 25 Nm
- Inlet manifold to intercooler pipe (left). 16 Nm
The fuel in the fuel lines is under pressure (approx. 3 bar)! Catch and dispose of escaping fuel.
Remove fuel injector rail cover.
Remove dust cap (1) from measuring valve on fuel rail.
Measure fuel pressure.
Testing Pressure 3.0 0.2 bar. (MINI Cooper)
Testing Pressure 3.5 0.2 bar. (MINI Cooper S)
Switch off engine.
As far as a high pressure pump, the only thing my manuals are showing on this year is the one in the fuel tank.
Let me know if this helps.
Sunday, February 23rd, 2020 AT 7:23 PM