Turn signals don't work

JRAYRICHO4
  • 1992 HONDA ACCORD
My turn signals don't work and I literally just replaced my turn signal switch. My hazards work and my headlights work great. They have not worked for about three weeks and I just bought the new turn signal switch today and I followed the directions to the letter but still no results.
Friday, August 2nd, 2013 AT 9:45 AM

KEN

There is a turn signal relay and integrated controller that needs to be checked for power. Here is a guide that will show you how to check for power.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Here are the wiring diagrams for the blinkers and the turn signal flasher and module locations (below).

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Let us know what happens and please upload pictures or videos of the problem.

Cheers, Ken
+1
Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018 AT 2:42 PM
JOE252
  • 1992 HONDA ACCORD
  • 148 MILES
I bought a 92 honda accord lx. The turn signals don't work, But the hazards do. I suspect that the turn signal switch relay is bad, But I cant find it on the car I have looked up and down with no success.
Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018 AT 2:42 PM (Merged)
RIVERMIKERAT
Locate and replace the turn signal flasher relay.
DAYQUAN
  • 1992 HONDA ACCORD
The back works fine. Checked the fuses and change the bulbs, ti no avail. No blinkers up front
Check bulbs and see if theyare getting power. Then check the grounds to make sure they are clean and tight.
ANYTHING
  • 1992 HONDA ACCORD
1992 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual? Miles

we cheacked the fuses and the tailights still dont work the interor light works manualy and the heaglights works and the turn signals work and so do the brake lights
F4I_GUY
Check if the tailight is getting power with the headlight switch turned on. If they are not, you probably have an open circuit in the trunk to body harness loom.
GIANCARLOS
  • 1993 HONDA ACCORD
When I turn on my headlights at night, my right blinker turns on (constantly on, not flashing) and my low beams don't turn on but I know the bulbs work because they were working fine before I hit a hard bump and they shut off, so I have to throw my highbeams on at night to drive. What's wrong with my 1993 Honda Accord?
Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018 AT 2:43 PM (Merged)
KHLOW2008
When hitting a hard bump and light turns off, it could mean the bulb has blown or a wire has gotten loose somewhere.

For the blinker to be turned on when the headlights are turned on, it indicates a ground circuit is loose or bad. Check if only turning the taillights on have the dsame iindication. If yes, check the rear taillights grounding circuit on right side.
GIANCARLOS
Well I've done that, I only turn on the tailights (and dashboard lights) and everything works great. But once I go to turn on my headlights, they don't turn on but the right blinker. I was driving it home from work last night and the low beams were working but I noticed that whenever I hit a bump or turned the car too fast the lights would start going out and that blinker would turn on.
KHLOW2008
Headlights and front turn signals share a common grounding circuit at right side pof engine compartment, behind the headlights on inner fender at lower position. You might have to remove the battery to check. The grounding circuit could possibly be loose or contaminated or damaged by presence of battery electrolyte which has overspilled onto them.

Symptoms indicates the headlights is not getting sufficient ground and when turned on, voltage is moving backwards along the turnsignal circuit causing the blbs to illuminate.

Use a remote ground wire to ground the Black wire at headlight low beam bulb to test.
GIANCARLOS
Thank you so much! Now all I need to do is find a mechanic that can do that for me haha.
KHLOW2008
This should not be a difficult job and if you have some DIY experience, it should be within your capabilities to get it done yourself.

Have a nice day.
RENAE1975
  • 1991 HONDA ACCORD
Brakes problem
1991 Honda Accord Manual 266.00 miles

My brake lights and turn signals won't work. I have checked all of the fuses and they are all fine. Could you give me an idea on where to look to find this problem and fix it? Thanks
KHLOW2008
Hi Renae1975,

The brake gets it power from the underhood fuse. Youneed to check if there is power to the brake switch and if yes, test the switch.

The turn signal power supply is from the underdash fuse box. Are the hazards working? If not, the flasher unit could be faulty.