Fuel pump relay

KISER32
  • 1992 FORD F-150
I need the location for the fuel pump relay
Wednesday, September 17th, 2014 AT 10:09 AM

The fuel pump relay is in the engine compartment fuse panel. Here is a guide to help test it and the location of the relay below.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.
-1
Wednesday, September 17th, 2014 AT 10:44 AM
OOSEVEN
  • 1992 FORD F-150
I'm in dyer need here. I have a 1992 f150 300 straight 6. It would not start one day and ever sense.
Starter turns. Put new fuel pump in, new computer, ignition switch. Transfer switch is good (dual tanks).

When we jump the transfer switch with a wire and crank it over it will start. But as soon as you let up on the key so it is running position, it dies. The relay under the hood in the fuse box is good. The switch on the passenger side that flips off in case of an accident is good. I believe there is two relay switches for fuel pumps. One in the fuse box. And the one I can not find.

So the question at hand is where is the 2nd one. Looked under the dash driver side. Can't find it. I heard it maybe above the radio. Does anybody know where to look to find it if there is a 2nd one.

Thank You.

Ooseven
Wednesday, January 16th, 2019 AT 7:05 PM (Merged)
OOSEVEN
If this helps out the vin# is:
1FTEF14Y8NPBO9296.

Thank You

ooseven
All you got is one fuel pump relay in engine bay fuse block
-1
OOSEVEN
Hello and thank you for the info.

OK here is the thing. I have replaced the computer, PCM, ignition switch, fuel pump. We do not have power between the relay and the kill switch. The wire to the pumps are good.

Do have any idea what I need to do tp fix this problem?

If this helps out the vin# is:
1FTEF14Y8NPBO9296

Thank You.

Ooseven
+1
OOSEVEN
It may be the switch in back above the rear axle. It clicks when the key is turned on, but will no in gage the pump. So there is power all the way to that point and the next stage is the fuel pump.

I will let you know as I will be changing that soon.

Ooseven
JESUSCAN2
Did you ever find out what was wrong.
Mine is doing the exact same thing
I need this fixed
+1
OOSEVEN
After replacing the ignition again it worked. The first new one was bad grrrrrr
KEN
Glad you got it fixed, new defective parts are very frustrating I hear ya.
RHYTHMG22
IM having the same problem and I relpaced the fuel pumps im geting power to them I can jump the pumps and they will turn on I cam also jump them from taking out the relay and hooking a wire up in two little spots and they will turn on I just dont what wrong I also repaced the relay
KEN

There is a fuel switching valve that sits between the tanks that goes bad not allowing the fuel to get to the fuel rail. This is a common problem with these trucks.

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken
RANGER812572
  • 1992 FORD F-150
The fuel pump will not shut off when you turn the key to run. The relays click spastically and once in a while the pump will stop. When the pump does stop the truck will start and run for a moment. If it does not stop, the truck will not start. It cranks no problem. Battery charged, new fuel pump relay, same problem. This happens with both tanks. Please help!
Wednesday, January 16th, 2019 AT 7:06 PM (Merged)
If the pump continues to run then this may be a pcm problem as it tells the relay when and when to not work. Since you have already replaced the relay and makes no difference the I would suspect the ecm more than anything. The only other thing I can think of is the fuelpump cutoff relay which I have included a pic.
RANGER812572
The ecm id number on My truck is F2TF-12A650-APB And at the parts house is $250. Are there any other computer ids That will safely (and more cost efficiently) interchange?
-1
No idea but I kind of doubt it they are engine/trans sppecific
-1