2009 Ford F-150 fuel pump not working

DAVE2984
  • 2009 FORD F-150
Hey guys my question is with my truck and the question is I was driving my truck when all the sudden stopped and a wrench lit up on the dash right away so I changed fuel pump still no go and module and still no go could it be the fuel relay but where is the interior fuel pump relay if their is any!Also we tried the old fuel pump directly to the battery and it works perfect so I don't understand what is the matter can you guys please help!
Saturday, June 27th, 2015 AT 7:05 PM

What tests led you to the fuel pump? If you just made a guess, that should be the last thing on the list.

Have you checked for spark, and have you had the diagnostic fault codes read and recorded?
Saturday, June 27th, 2015 AT 7:54 PM
DAVE2984
Ok I haven't run no tests on the computer yet but will but is their a main relay inside the truck like under the kick panel or something because my wife has a hyundia accent and had the same problem and their was a relay plug under the driver side that was corroded and that was the problem just wondering if their is one in my truck thx.
Sunday, June 28th, 2015 AT 4:24 PM
Every manufacturer does things differently, and Ford has always been WAY different than everyone else. You still didn't say if you checked for spark, but there's a better way to know this is not a fuel pump problem. You said a light on the dash turned on, and I'm guessing that was the Check Engine light. The fuel supply system is not monitored so a failed fuel pump will not turn the light on. There is some other problem that told the Engine Computer to turn the fuel pump, and most likely the ignition system, off. Reading and recording the diagnostic fault codes will indicate which circuit needs further diagnosis. You need a scanner or a code reader to read the codes. If you can get the truck to an auto parts store, the people at most of them will read the codes for you for free.
Monday, June 29th, 2015 AT 6:14 PM