* car will crank over and over and over, but not combust and start.
* only seems to happen in the morning.
* i.E. After sitting for a while. (If I came home at 9pm and didn't try to start it until 8am)
* AFTER it's started, the car runs FINE. AND it will restart FINE for the rest of the day.
Now, after about 20 minutes of cranking, it WILL eventually start. And this always happens after it starts:
* SQUEAL SQUEAL SQUEAL. Some belt or something squeal loudly for about a minute.
* there IS a smell of burn fuel from my car after failed attempts of starting it.
OH, here's an interesting fact:
* I tried push starting and popping the clutch one morning after 10 minutes of failed cranking. THAT started it.
* I got the started replaced last fall. I suspect the inordinate cranking-over killed the starter so I think this is a side-effect not a cause. I had to push-start my car for 2 months before getting it replaced. Then it died 3 weeks later after I cranked-over for 20 minutes one day. Got it replaced again and have tamed my crank-over durations to
have the same problem?
Sunday, February 8th, 2015 AT 11:42 PM