So this customer towed their Caravan in due to a ruptured coolant hose, and they decided to get a few things done while they were in. Here's what was done:
-Lower and Upper radiator hose replaced
- Transmission filter and gasket replaced
- Tune-up (new plugs, new wires, no coil)
- New catalytic converter (bolt on)
- New O2 sensor for catalytic converter
- oil change plus oil pan gasket replacement
- Blower motor replacement
After all of this and the fluids have been verified that they are full and not leaking, I have been driving the van for a week do make sure the engine light didn't come on. Before driving it I filled up with gas and added some Lucas fuel injector cleaner in the tank before filling up.
Well, the light came on, and apparently cylinder number three has misfired at some point at normal highway speeds. I wouldn't think that it's the coil because there are no drive-ability problems. Everything seems fine to me?
Monday, July 27th, 2020 AT 9:38 AM