92 WON'T START AFTER COLLISION?

1992 Jeep Wrangler

only1jp

February, 11, 2007 AT 10:36 PM

I hit a tree with my wrangler at about 15 mph. Had light front end damage. Engine cranks but will not fire. Is this vehicle equipped with a cut off switch for the fuel pump, in the event of a collision? If so is there a reset? Thanks for any help!

carundell

February, 12, 2007 AT 3:42 AM

Hey only
No inertia switch in that vehicle, sorry. I would recommend to check for spark and fuel pressure. Base further testing on what you find! Additionally, is there an alarm system in the vehicle possibly causing this? Let me know!

Chris

February, 12, 2007 AT 5:08 AM

If there's No spark and fuel pump don't come On-check your ASD relay thoroughly-comeback I still got some more to follow.

If this relay goes kaput-you're a sitting duck

HTH Good Luck comeback with the feedback.

only1jp

February, 12, 2007 AT 2:45 PM

Yes I do have an alarm system, a Viper to be exact. Could this be disabling the fuel pump? Any ideas on how do I override it? Never have had a collision with the vehicle before, so not sure. Thanks guys!

February, 12, 2007 AT 2:49 PM

I need to know whether you have spark and the fuel pump comes On.

only1jp

February, 12, 2007 AT 2:50 PM

I do have a Viper alarm installed in this vehicle. Do you think it could be disabling the fuel pump? If so any ideas on how to reset it? Thanks guys!

February, 12, 2007 AT 3:00 PM

So much of electronic security/conveniences-get rid of the aftermarket stuff-remove all the wires attached to it and throw the remote away-its giving you problems now-someday out from no where it decides not to start. What's next-Tow truck

February, 12, 2007 AT 3:07 PM

Do you hear the pump for 2sec when key is in On position

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang