1985 Jeep CJ7 no spark when cranking

• 1985 JEEP CJ7

1985 Jeep CJ7 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 81000 miles

no spark while cranking? Have spark traveling through coil and distriguator with just ing. Swicth on, when unpluging and pluging in power to primary side of coil, but nothing while cranking engine. Ran fine before restoreration 3 months ago. Did remvove computer on defroster ducting never pull steering wheel.

Tuesday, September 21st, 2010 AT 3:42 PM

See my profile,

Here to help, this is my hobby......see other CJ5 and CJ7 Posts I've answered

Something everybody overlooks......

The Ignition Module

Not sure about that year, but on an '83 its on the firewall left of the master cylinder, viewed from the front.

Do not try to disconnect it with a screwdriver, as Evil as this sounds, grab the wires firmly, on either side of the connector, and pull STRAIGHT APART.

Verify the color on the body, where the wires enter, it should be BLUE---Always replace with the same.

Take it to AUTOZONE or ADVANCE AUTO to be tested for FREE!........They do not see this one often, so it will take awhile, for them to hook it up!

INSIST on 5-7 tests, one after the other (warms it up)

If it fails, and you need a New one, TEST IT, BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE STORE!!!!!...............Don't even ask me why!!!!

If you need anything else, respond at THIS POST, I will be alerted.

You can see the extent I will help you by viewing this post and other answers of mine:

If I have misunderstood your question let me know!

The more info, the better!

Respond with good news below,

Your Turn,

The Medic

Tuesday, September 21st, 2010 AT 8:51 PM