1988 Chevy Blazer fuel issue

TWINKIEDELIGHT05
  • 1988 CHEVROLET BLAZER
My truck all of a sudden is having a issue wanting to stall when I come to stop and hit the accelerator. If I don't pulsate the gas pedal by stepping on it and letting it off and stepping on it again. It acts like it getting way too much fuel. Because I noticed I used three quarters of fuel to 162 miles. I've changed out alot of stuff. I'm lost and need help please help me
Sunday, December 6th, 2009 AT 9:44 AM

With an idle issue, I take the throttle-body off and clean it, Check throttle position sensor. Use a gage and check fuel pressure, check trouble codes. You said you changed a lot of stuff, was that an overall tune-up?
Sunday, December 6th, 2009 AT 10:15 AM
TWINKIEDELIGHT05
I have fixed the o2 senser, oil pressure senser, oil pressure sending unit senser, spark plugs, had the chevy dealership look at it and he said that the exhaust manifold gaskets could cause that. Also had them run scanners and they said it was the the o2 senser that it was reading and all of my electrical was good in the truck. And even they checked the fuel pressure at the fuel line by taking off the fuel filter. But the problem is i've already spent 400 dollars on the truck in two days and still haven't got no where. I was just curious if it could be the fuel pump relay, the fuel injector regulator, fuel filter or the fuel injectors its self. But how do I test each one of them with out the equip of a guage. Their expensive.
Sunday, December 6th, 2009 AT 10:59 AM
TWINKIEDELIGHT05
But when I baught the truck at the end of winter. My fiance put a new transmission in it and noticted that it didn't have a fuel filter hooked up. They could get off so the old owner ran a line around it. He also replaced the fuel sending unit and the gas tank
Sunday, December 6th, 2009 AT 11:04 AM
JAMESWIA
Your description of the problem is a little odd. You say the eng. Is getting too much fuel but your depressing the accelerator?
Lets start with the basics. You have an older vehicle with high miles. When was the last time you had the fuel system serviced. (Fuel filter replacement?, Fuel injector / injection cleaning?, Throttle body cleaning?) What type of parts/service have you had done?
Also, ask yourself when does this problem occur? Does it happen only at idle, cruise, under load (climbing hill), or all the time? Is there any smoke from the tailpipe? (Black, white, bluish) Does the end of the tailpipe show a lot of carbon buildup? Is there a heavy gas smell in the eng. Area? When driving, does the vehicle fell sluggish?
Note: If your using a lot of gas and there is no smoke ect. Check your oil level and condition to ensure that fuel is not leaking into the crankcase.
Try to pinpoint your problem with these questions and it will be easier to answer.
Sunday, December 6th, 2009 AT 11:23 AM
TWINKIEDELIGHT05
My brother said last night when I took it and drove it last night it acts like its starving for gas. The truck runs driver at idle or in park or in nuetral its just when you put the truck under a load and you go to take off it hesitates like its not getting enough fuel. Now if your just cruising down the the expressway at 70. It will not do it in less you push down on the gas to give it more gas to go. We replaced the fuel filter awhile ago, put new spark plugs in it yesturday and also replaced the o2 senser and the temperature senser. The service that i've had done is. They had the bit computer on it at the martin chevetrly and it only read o2 senser and the map senser. They both were replaced. Thats it. The smoke coming out of tailpipe is white. And yes the vehicle does feel sluggish when you driving it. Thats what we're trying to fix.
Sunday, December 6th, 2009 AT 11:36 AM
JAMESWIA
Sorry about the earlier post. For some odd reason, all your posts where not loading.

Lets start with the obvious. All fuel system require a working fuel filter to prevent clogging/contamination. If you bought the vehicle used and the previous owner bypassed the fuel filter, you can expect fuel system contamination. Is there a functioning fuel filter on the vehicle now? Are all the fuel lines ok? (No kinks or physical damage.) With a functioning fuel filter is the fuel pressure and supply ok? Does the fuel system maintain fuel pressure after the vehicle is turned off? (Is the fuel pump bleeding back?) If yes, then you can concentrate on the eng. Area fuel components.
Note: sometimes fuel pumps may have an internal failure that only shows up under load (climbing hill ) conditions. If everything checks out and problem only occurs under load, expect the pump to be the failure.
The fuel pressure regulator does not tend to clog. It will however leak or stick. Inspect it for external leaks and remove its vacuum line for signs of internal leakage.
The fuel rails should appear undamaged and show no signs of cracks or external leaks.
The history of the vehicle and your problem description is most likely caused by restricted injector(s). You can pay to have them cleaned. This is not always possible, especially if the vehicle was run for an extended period of time without a fuel filter. The injector(s) restriction is just too great. You may have to have them replaced. In your case, make sure the fuel system/lines are flushed to prevent the new injector(s) from being damaged by dirt from the lack of a fuel filter.
Note: intake/exhaust gasket problems will usually show up during a eng. Vacuum test. If the problem turns out to be injectors. The injector job time overlaps with intake gasket replacement time.
Lastly, your repairing facility/tech is not helping you out by not picking up on something so obvious. If they know all the info that appears in this posting and still can't pinpoint the problem. Its time to look for a new repair facility/tech.
Sunday, December 6th, 2009 AT 12:08 PM
JAMESWIA
After reading your last post. It sounds like you definitely what to concentrate on having the injection system cleaned/flushed. Again, you may have to have the injectors replaced.
Fuel pump supply/pressure issues can show up as hesitation or sluggishness. (Mostly under load.) I suggest, based on the history of the vehicle, that you try the fuel injection cleaning first.
You stated that the tailpipe shows signs of white smoke. White smoke from a tailpipe is bad. You need to make sure that the white smoke is constant at all vehicle temps and ambient (outside) temps. Not just white vapor at early morning start up.
If there is constant white smoke at all times and temps, then the vehicle is burning/consuming eng. Coolant. The vehicle being a Chevy Blazer. This is most likely from leaking intake gaskets. Check for signs of coolant leakage external to the intake. If no signs of external leakage, check oil for signs of coolant/oil intermix. Again, intake gaskets replacement and fuel injectors have overlapping times. Don't pay twice.
Sunday, December 6th, 2009 AT 12:36 PM