A/C problem

BRIAN RHINEHEIMER
  • 2007 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
  • TURBO
A/C fuse is dead on hot side. I put a fused wire in the fuse and hooked to positive post of battery. Air works fine, clutch engaged. Why would that fuse be dead? Relay is good.
Saturday, June 24th, 2017 AT 12:46 PM

There are multiple fuses in this system. If you can figure out which one is dead, I will figure out where it is fed from.

Fuse 40 is a 10-amp. Fuses 59, 62, and 72 are each a 40-amp. All of these are listed as "hot at all times", meaning there is nothing switching them on and off. Fuse 18 is a 10-amp and is only for the compressor clutch. That one gets twelve volts from the AC compressor relay. That relay is turned on by the engine computer unless the system is low on charge.
+1
Saturday, June 24th, 2017 AT 8:22 PM
BRIAN RHINEHEIMER
I will check that stuff out. Thanks for the information.
Sunday, June 25th, 2017 AT 6:39 AM
KEN

I have found the wiring diagrams (below) for you so you can do some testing. Here is a guide that will help you check for power and ground triggers to see where the failure is happening.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Please run some tests and get back to us so we can continue helping you.

Cheers, Ken
Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 AT 12:20 PM

Sponsored links