START UP IN COLD WEATHER

2011 Dodge Avenger

drnova85

January, 28, 2014 AT 8:13 AM

Hey guys!
I have to start by honestly saying, THESE MECHANICS ON THIS WEBSITE ARE THE BEST!

I'm having a problem with my 2011 dodge avenger. Starting off, I must say that previous to this, I have seen a lighting bolt on my dashboard when the car is in on position and I set the time 5 min ahead. During the span of about 6 months, it'll be almost caught up to the current time.
The issue is, in the morning when I start my car, in 10 degree weather or less, it coughs. It doesn't start, and you can hear it wanting to start up but like I said it coughs. This particular morning, it was 12 degrees out. I went to start it, turned the key all the way to start it up, it coughed and then it did nothing. I had the key turned and it was like the car shut off completely. I went and turned it on again it coughed and turned on. When the engine is on the lightning bolt does not appear. I think personally, that the problem is the battery, but someone mentioned to me it could be the drivetrain. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

hmac300

January, 28, 2014 AT 8:48 AM

Have the battery checked for condition including load test. Autoparts tire stores do for free. Make sure battery terminal ends are clean

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right