Engine wont start

SSODA19
  • 2008 DODGE AVENGER
Car was running fine. Parked at home after returning from store. 3 hours later went out to leave again and the car would not start. It cranks over but will not start. When you try to start it, and let go, it will continue to crank by itself for about 10-15 sec. All lights work in car, headlights still work. I turned the key to the on position to see if any indicator lights come on. The check engine light is tge only light that stays on. Before this incident with it not starting, there were no indicator lights on, and the car gave no sign of any problems.
Tuesday, April 15th, 2014 AT 8:34 AM

KEN

It sounds like your crankshaft angle sensor has gone out but to be sure please follow this guide.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/crankshaft-angle-sensor-replacement

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Please run some tests and get back to us so we can continue helping you.

Here is the location for your car

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.

Cheers, Ken
+1
Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 AT 7:48 PM
ETHAN HOWELL
  • 2008 DODGE AVENGER
I replaced the ignition and battery in it but it won't turn over or anything but as soon as I replaced the ignition it started just fine and ran just fine but the next morning it wouldn't do anything no click or anything
Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 AT 7:50 PM (Merged)
Have you tried a jump-start, or did you check if the battery was drained while it was sitting?
ETHAN HOWELL
I went and got a brand new battery yesterday still won't start
Unfortunately Mitsubishi took a very simple and reliable circuit and filled it with complicated computer controls. The starter is run by the Totally Integrated Power Module, (TIPM). You need a scanner to see which inputs to that module could be preventing its operation.
ELIASADC
  • 2008 DODGE AVENGER
I have the mechanic manual for my car and I have a picture of it but I just cant find it too many wires all over. Can you tell me where it can be
I was installing my radio a couple of days ago. I removed the dash to install the radio. While doing that I found this module box (i attached picture in this email) next to the ignition key slot. I though it was a module (which I realized was the ATD box for the car) for the steering wheel radio control or something. So out of curiosity I unplugged the connector from the module and as I went to remove it, it wouldn't come out so I tugged it more and nothing so I decided to leave it alone and then I put the connector into the module.
I installed my radio and it worked but when I went to turn on the car, it did turn on with out a problem but then it immediately turned off. I thought it was a fluke so I turned it on again and the same thing. I did it a couple of times more until it wouldn't turn on anymore. The car wasn't dead at all but it just wouldn't turn on. I thought it had something to do with that module I touched but I didn't see anything physically wrong.
I replaced the ignition switch, the starter motor, the crank and cam sensor and still the car would do the same thing. I also have a remote start key and when I pressed the button to start the car from a distance, it turned on and didn't turn off. I opened the door and placed the key in and it turned off.
I took out my ObD2 scanner and it gave me an error code: P0513 Incorrect Immobilizer Code.I went online and the only thing I found that I can do is disconnect the battery from the car, push on the pedal to drain any left juice and leave it overnight. I did that and in the morning I connected it back and the engine turned on but immediately turned off again.

Though I called one or two locksmiths and they tell me its electrical and not the immobilizer because I still have access to my car. The only thing I havnt checked is the starter relay I have the mechanic manual for my car and I have a picture of it but I just cant find it. Can you tell me where it can be
JOHNNYT73
I believe what you unplugged was your WCM (wireless control module). You may have to take it to a dealer and have them reprogram/replace the module to communicate to your keys.
NIECEY520
Not an answer but I'm having a similar issue was wondering if you could tell me what you did to fix it?
JESSICAHOPE93
  • 2008 DODGE AVENGER
Last week I tried to drive the car and couldn't because it wouldn't go over 10MPH, later that night it wouldn't start at all. Before that there was always a ticking noise, and the car would occasionally shake sometimes when driving faster. What could it be? How much does the problem usually cost to fix?
WISELL
  • 2008 DODGE AVENGER
Checked all fuses all intact not signs of problems there. Tryed changing arround relays to see if problem was there no change happened. Any ideas
+2
There is a fusible link between the alternator and starter. It is a green wire going to red wire. You should see the link. Probe with a test light if pwoer on one side and not the other you ned tofix that.
+1
PORSHAPEA
  • 2008 DODGE AVENGER
Ok so I have an 08 dodge avenger, all gages come on and it won't start. It shows a RED DOT, ABS LIGHT AIR PRESSURE LIGHT, TRANSMISSION LIGHT, AIR BAG LIGHT. Just about everything. Battery is fine. Radio comes on lights work. Windows WONT go down. Can you help me out here. Jump start was unsuccessful!
SWICKEVAN
  • 2008 DODGE AVENGER
Hi my avenger turns over strong but the is no power to the coils and getting no fuel to the cylinders a quick check gives me errors p0685 and p0688 both refer to the asd how do I diagnose this issue am I looking for a bad fuse or relay?
HOMER1967
The codes are for the automatic shutdown relay or circuit. And your symptoms support that issue. This issue is pretty complex and requires some very specific testing procedure and specific equipment. It could be anything from the p.C.M. To the relay to the circuit. So I am going to have to suggest that you take this one to a shop for diagnosis atleast. Then maybe we could help you with the repair procedure.
  • 2008 DODGE AVENGER
Car wont start, code p0562 I replace battery and alternator, nothing took out starter had it checked and it was bad, put new one on tried to start it and it started smoking by the starter and it do not start. Need help
Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 AT 7:51 PM (Merged)
BUNNIEBROWN
  • 2008 DODGE AVENGER
2008 Dodge Avenger 4 cyl

have a 2008 Dodge Avenger, but it wont start. When I tryed to start it it makes a clicking noise. I tried to jump the car, and the car started but when I turned the car of and tried to turn it back on it wont start. Whats wrong with it?
+1
OBXAUTOMEDIC

since the vehicle will start when you jump most likely it is the batter. Jump it and go by your local auto parts store and have them test the battery and charging system.

.
SABASCHRIS
  • 2008 DODGE AVENGER
2008 Dodge Avenger 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 48000 miles

This car sometimes will not start. I have purchased a new battery. And have notice that the bolt light stays on along with engine light
TOOOMANYTOYS
I replaced the crankshaft sensor like Ken said and now the problem has gone away good on ya!
EVAN HOUSE
  • 2008 DODGE AVENGER
My engine tries to start but it won't turn over