2009 Ford Bantam Ford Bantam rocam

ZANENYS
  • 2009 FORD BANTAM
Hi there I ford bantam rocam
its swinging but doesn't want to start, swing quicker when pushing petrol like it wants to start
its got spark and it gets fuel but still doesn't want to start
Monday, September 15th, 2014 AT 10:45 AM

ZANENYS
Sorry im from south Africa and only now see its in miles so its got about 125000 miles thank you
+2
Monday, September 15th, 2014 AT 10:50 AM
If it is getting spark and fuel, it should start unless there is an issue with fuel pressure, weak spark, timing, low compression.
+3
Monday, September 15th, 2014 AT 6:43 PM
ZANENYS
Hi there, its got new rings, bearings and gaskets, and plugs, cam is positioned at 12, crank at 6, tdc, lot of spark, I have removed the fuel rail to look at amount of fuel when swinging and squirts good, could it maybe have anything to do with a knock sencor or something, when I swing her she swings faster and with slight pressure on petrol she swings faster like she wants to start
+4
Monday, September 15th, 2014 AT 9:37 PM
Will it start if you use starting fluid? Is the spark a hot blue snapping spark?
Tuesday, September 16th, 2014 AT 8:46 AM
ZANENYS
I haven't tried the fluid yet and the spark is sort of blue
I might think it a electrical problem cause picked up today that only my battery light on the dash does not come on but all the others do and when I switch the ignition off the lights still stay on although the key is turned off, also replaced the ignition backing section cause mine was not working like it should but still nothing, could it be the ecu
+1
Tuesday, September 16th, 2014 AT 10:01 AM
ZANENYS
The company I bought the bakkie from said that the car just stopped driving and then I tried to start it but did the same as its doing now, so I thought it might be compression cause it was lower than it should be at first and then decided to overhaul the engine but problem remains, so another technician today said its sounds like ecu but don't understand how it could be that if it has spark and fuel
+1
Tuesday, September 16th, 2014 AT 10:07 AM
ZANENYS
The dash lights also don't stay on all the time
after the 3rd attempt or so of swinging then everything works properly again
Tuesday, September 16th, 2014 AT 10:12 AM
That's the thing. If it is getting both fuel and spark, it should run. The only thing that could prevent it would be timing, low compression. When it doesn't start, try the starting fluid. If that makes it start, there is a fuel related issue. If it doesn't start with starting fluid, then it is ignition related.
+1
Tuesday, September 16th, 2014 AT 5:48 PM
SANDILE NGCOBO
Hi Jacob and Nikolas, I have the almost the same problem as Zaneny, one of my friend sujested that the problem might be the timing because the car had a hard knock the front. The problem I dont understand what my friend means by suggesting timing and how to fix that timing as well.
+1
Sunday, May 29th, 2016 AT 1:38 AM