Tail light wiring diagrams please

KMARIE0779
  • 2005 DODGE RAM
Needing to rewire a harness for the rear lights of my 2003 Dodge Ram. Unfortunately the new harness does not contain the same wire colors. Need a wiring chart for a 2005 Dodge Ram I believe so I can successfully splice the wires. Thank you
Tuesday, February 3rd, 2015 AT 11:31 AM

I am sending the blinker wiring diagrams and for a back up lights are violet color wire and there is one that is pink/violet.

This guide can help you test

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-wiring

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what you find.
Wednesday, November 7th, 2018 AT 5:20 PM
KMARIE0779
Thank you, however the newer (2005) is the one I really need. I use a poke test to determine the majority of the original wires on the 03 already!
TCANT
  • 2002 DODGE RAM
Do you have the tail light wiring diagram for a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500?
Tuesday, June 30th, 2020 AT 6:50 PM (Merged)
KEN
Hey TCANT,

The pink wire with violet tracer is voltage for tail lamps, use a test lite. Black wire is ground. There are applicable fuses, you need to check, if no voltage. Here is the wiring diagrams you need to fix the problem. Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.
+4
TJSKLS
  • 2002 DODGE RAM
Electrical problem 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 67468 miles

I have a "lamp out" on dash and I checked all lights and all are working. Turn signals flash real fast but emergency flasher is ok. Doyou have a digram of tail light wiring for 3500 with cummins engine? Or where can I get one?
KEN
You might have a bulb that is working but triggers the warning check out this video.

https://youtu.be/JJeRxRi7Lpo

Make sure you check all the bulbs front and back for open filament In the power distribution box check fuses-no.4/5/F 20amp fuse. if there okay The wire you're looking for- the turn signal circuit is the dark green and brown on the back Also test out the combination flasher in the junction block and the turn signal/hazard combination switch.

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.

Cheers, Ken
TJSKLS
Great video! It was right the bulb worked by the filament was messed up. I love this site :)
TCANT
  • 2002 DODGE RAM
What color are the wires on a 2002 dodge ram 1500 supposed to be for the tail lights? Running, brake, left and right turns and back-up? Thank you

Here is the complete brake light, running tail and blinker wiring diagrams for your truck here is a guide on how to check the wiring:

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

+2

Sponsored links