ABS light keeps coming on?

ANONYMOUS
  • 2005 CHEVROLET TAHOE
I changed the wheel bearings on my chevy tahoe, now my ABS light keeps coming on for a little while, then it will go off. What is wrong
Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 AT 12:04 AM

SATURNTECH9
The first thing you need to do is have the ABS computer scan for codes.
Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 AT 12:11 AM
SATURNTECH9
It sounds like the ABS hub is defective. Here are two videos the first one show how to do the job correctly the other is to scan the ABS to confirm the failure.

https://youtu.be/ZgiPRG6jffc

and

https://youtu.be/rTtAnsOlZU4

Please run down these guides and report back.
Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 AT 12:12 AM
AMINA2010
  • 2003 CHEVROLET TAHOE
Pulled out of seven eleven step on the gas a little while making a left turn then bang abs light is on?
Thursday, July 16th, 2020 AT 6:27 PM (Merged)
If it actually banged then something probably broke like the bearing hub
SLIM63
  • 2003 CHEVROLET TAHOE
Warning comes up in message center. I have checked fluid, pad thickness, both are fine up front. The front left caliper does seem to rub a bit but not enough to stop from turning. Doesn't pull either way. Got an idea of where I might need focus on?
Thursday, July 16th, 2020 AT 6:28 PM (Merged)
Have you scanned the computer to see if there are any trouble codes? It may deal with an ABS sensor.
-1
SLIM63
Yeas I have a scanner, nothing on the abs. I havent had the ABS problems son people speak of online.
SLIM63
Yes I have a scanner and nothing on the abs system. I haven't had the ABS problems some people have spoke of online.
That makes it tough. Since the brakes are good, there are no ABS codes, and the fluid is full, you need to start checking wiring in the system.

NOTE: I assume this isn't a parking brake light, correct?
+2
SLIM63
Na, it shows in the message center. And that damn buzzer goes off 15 or 20 times.
+1
NOSWEATMAN
  • 2003 CHEVROLET TAHOE
When driving the brakes work fine but it feel like they let off pressure when when they are applied. When I first noticed the problem you had to slam on the breaks to engage them but after bleeding the brakes it has helped some. The only code I can find with the OBD II is C0222. The is nothing in the cluster message center. The only sign is the ABS light stays on.
BRIAN 1
Measure the resistance at the wheel speed sensor, should be between 700 and 10,000 ohms. If its higher or lower than spec replace the wheel speed sensor.
VQUEZADA
  • 2002 CHEVROLET TAHOE
Noises problem
2002 Chevy Tahoe Two Wheel Drive Automatic 165000 miles

Hi, my 2002 chevy tahoe and the ABS light appeared on my dash and a humming noise came on once I turned the truck off (its been 5 hours and the noise is still on) but now my truck wont start. It sounds like something is stuck? Any idea what maybe causing this problem?
IEREMIA
First you need to pull out your abs fuse in the fuse box engine department, dont worry you'll still have brakes just not abs. That will shut that humming noise off other wise it'll run your battery dry which is causing your vehicle not to start. Then, when you get time I would go online and find out how to repair the abs or take your vehicle to a abs specialist. Hope this info helps. Good luck.
RSTANTON4710
  • 2002 CHEVROLET TAHOE
What cause the abs light to come on when traveling rough road? Light stays on untill ignition is turned off then on again
Chances are you have a wire shorting to the sensor. Check that first. Make sure the plugs are clean, tight, not damaged, and not corroded.
BRANHAM1976
  • 2002 CHEVROLET TAHOE
I have a 2002 Chevy Tahoe with 112,000 miles. I have had the ABS warning light on for about a month. Took the car into a repair shop and they found a diiagnostic code P67 indicating that the ABS control module was bad. The cost of the part was $1,100. Does this sound reasonable? I have never had this problem with any other vehicle. Thank you for your response.
Actually, I think the price is way too much, but that is what they cost. I'm really starting to appreciate my old truck.
-1
JCLINE2116
  • 2000 CHEVROLET TAHOE
My ABS & Brake warning lights are on. There was a noise of an electric motor running under the driver seat one night and in the morning it was off and the warning lights came on. What type of motor wuould this be?
Thursday, July 16th, 2020 AT 6:29 PM (Merged)
DENNYP
You need a new EBCM. (Electronic brake control module) You can make the noise stop by removing the ABS maxi fuse in the underhood fuse box.

Sponsored links