2004 CHEVY TAHOE HELP!

• chaney47
  • 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe

2004 Chevy Tahoe V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 87000 miles

The traction control light and abs light stay on all the time. Ive been driving it for a few months like that, then today I drive it, come home and park it, go back out later that night to drive it and it wont start, wont do anything the only light that comes on when I turn the key over is the water pump light I think. Help what is wrong!

Saturday, November 8th, 2008 AT 10:07 PM

• mastertechtim

First thing to check is the batteryand battery connections. If the positive battery termianl has two cables going to it then the lead spacer between the 2 cables is probably melted. If bettery and connections are good and you get nothing when turning the key to run then I would suspect a faulty ignition switch. First check the fuse block for power at the fuses that should have battery power all the time then check the ones that have power with the key on and see what we are missing

Sunday, November 9th, 2008 AT 5:44 AM
  • chaney47

Okay so we replaced the battery and the tahoe is running fine now, but you can you help with the lights on. The traction control light and abs light have been on for months. Do you know what will fix this? Or maybe what is wrong?

Tuesday, November 11th, 2008 AT 8:32 AM
  • mastertechtim

There are so many possibilities of the problem. In my experience it is usually a bad wheel speed sensor or the abs unit itself. You willl need to have the ebtcm electronic brake and traction control module scanned by a repair shop to determine the trouble code then we can go from there.

Tuesday, November 11th, 2008 AT 5:05 PM