HEATER DOOR ACTUATOR CLIP/ARM

2002 Ford Taurus

Bravestar1

June, 8, 2014 AT 5:50 PM

While replacing the heater core today, I was unscrewing the door to remove the cover, and I don't know what happened, but the plastic clip that holds the actuator arm broke off, and I lost the spring that goes onto the actuator so that when the actuator is activated it slides the position of the door into place, and thus you have heat.

It is possible to replace the small pieces that broke off, and buy a new spring, or do I need to replace the entire actuator housing on this car now?

Bravestar1

June, 8, 2014 AT 5:57 PM

The part I am referring to I have circled in red. It goes behind the actuator itself, and goes from one door to another. I'm sure the spring is somewhere in the car, but the clip itself seemed to hold the bar in place, and I doubt highly that I can use it without it.

Jacobandnickolas

June, 8, 2014 AT 9:08 PM

If you find the spring, you should be able to find a clip at a parts store. Have you checked?

Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro