2002 FORD TAURUS HEATER DOOR ACTUATOR CLIP/ARM

• Bravestar1
  • 2002 Ford Taurus
  • automatic

While replacing the heater core today, I was unscrewing the door to remove the cover, and I don't know what happened, but the plastic clip that holds the actuator arm broke off, and I lost the spring that goes onto the actuator so that when the actuator is activated it slides the position of the door into place, and thus you have heat.

It is possible to replace the small pieces that broke off, and buy a new spring, or do I need to replace the entire actuator housing on this car now?

Sunday, June 8th, 2014 AT 5:50 PM

• Bravestar1

The part I am referring to I have circled in red. It goes behind the actuator itself, and goes from one door to another. I'm sure the spring is somewhere in the car, but the clip itself seemed to hold the bar in place, and I doubt highly that I can use it without it.

Sunday, June 8th, 2014 AT 5:57 PM
  • Jacobandnickolas

If you find the spring, you should be able to find a clip at a parts store. Have you checked?

Sunday, June 8th, 2014 AT 9:08 PM