Wiring Diagram

TCANT
  • 2002 DODGE RAM
Do you have the tail light wiring diagram for a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500?
Saturday, July 30th, 2011 AT 8:45 PM

KEN
Hey TCANT,

The pink wire with violet tracer is voltage for tail lamps, use a test lite. Black wire is ground. There are applicable fuses, you need to check, if no voltage.

Here is the wiring diagrams you need to fix the problem, let us know how it goes.

Best, Ken
+2
Wednesday, December 14th, 2016 AT 11:24 AM
TCANT
  • 2002 DODGE RAM
What color are the wires on a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 supposed to be for the tail lights? Running, brake, left and right turns and back-up? Thank you
Wednesday, November 7th, 2018 AT 5:20 PM (Merged)

Here is the complete brake light, running tail and blinker wiring diagrams for your truck here is a guide on how to check the wiring:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-wiring

Check out the diagrams (below).

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers
-2
TJSKLS
  • 2002 DODGE RAM
Electrical problem 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 67468 miles

I have a "lamp out" on dash and I checked all lights and all are working. Turn signals flash real fast but emergency flasher is ok. Doyou have a digram of tail light wiring for 3500 with cummins engine? Or where can I get one?
KEN
You might have a bulb that is working but triggers the warning check out this video.

https://youtu.be/JJeRxRi7Lpo

Make sure you check all the bulbs front and back for open filament In the power distribution box check fuses-no.4/5/F 20amp fuse. if there okay The wire you're looking for- the turn signal circuit is the dark green and brown on the back Also test out the combination flasher in the junction block and the turn signal/hazard combination switch.

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.

Cheers, Ken
TJSKLS
Great video! It was right the bulb worked by the filament was messed up. I love this site :)
KMARIE0779
  • 2005 DODGE RAM
Needing to rewire a harness for the rear lights of my 2003 Dodge Ram. Unfortunately the new harness does not contain the same wire colors. Need a wiring chart for a 2005 Dodge Ram I believe so I can successfully splice the wires. Thank you
I am sending for a 2003 Dodge ram as that is the one you are rewiring. Back up lights are violet color wire and there is one that is pink/violet
-1
KMARIE0779
Thank you, however the newer (2005) is the one I really need. I use a poke test to determine the majority of the original wires on the 03 already!
-1
BGILL75
  • 2002 DODGE RAM
The tails lights on my 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 are NOT working. The head lights, brake, signal, and reverse lights are working fine. I've checked all the fuses and the bulbs for the tail lights. All are fine. I followed the wiring harness under the truck looking for damage or a loose connection. Nada. I don't no what else to check. Can you help me?
Wednesday, November 7th, 2018 AT 5:21 PM (Merged)
CANVIS69@YAHOO.COM
Could be the sockets themselves, see if they have juice on the inside when on. And if just the tail lights don't come on the bulbs may be bad even if they look good.
BGILL75
I tried replacing the bulbs. Also the tag lights are out too.
+1
CANVIS69@YAHOO.COM
Most likely then it is the turn signal or headlight switch but I'd need a wirring diagram to see the path of electricity.
+1
TRIVETTE
  • 2002 DODGE RAM
The tail lights stay on, causing the battery to drain. Is this a fuse issue? Or something deeper.
Welcome to the forum. Have all trouble codes checked. Some of the national brand autostores used to check PO codes, not sure about manufacturer specific.

The tali lamps get voltage from the park lamps relay, located in the integrated power module. It's probably a long shot to suspect the relay, while possible. Ground for the coil side of relay is controlled by integrated power module. The integrated power module needs a request to ground the relay. The request would come from headlamp switch to instrument cluster, from there to the integrated power module. The problem could be anywhere along that circuit. A code might help locate.
MRCRABBYPANTS
  • 2002 DODGE RAM
The headlights and brake lights are functioning however the taillights and running lights are not working. I have replaced bulbs and fuses. I have looked for issues with the ground wire and have found none - what else could the problem be?
EPY
I have a 2000 ram same as yours. My lights have given me alot of problems due to the fact of simple corrosion what I did was to make a water and baking soda mix. Dip your connections into the baking soda water mix for a few minutes. What happens is the soda water eats the corrosion and gives clear connections. Just make sure you take the battery connections off first. And also make sure you blow out your connectors with forced air or let them air dry. You dont need new problems, make sure you do both ends, male and female. Hopefully its just a corrosion problem. Happy hunting (post your progress on the submit )
DIXY
  • 2002 DODGE RAM
All of my lights work except these makes it hard to drive at night. I have check bulbs and fuses. I have also replaced relay 73 for the parking lights but still no luck any other suggestions
WRENCHTECH
These lights are controlled by the "Front Control Module" You will need a high end scan tool and a lot of electrical knowledge to get to the bottom of this one correctly. If it does end up needing a module, it will likely have to be programmed through the dealer.
+1
DRERICG
  • 2002 DODGE RAM
No rear driving lights. All in front are OK, and brake lights, backup lights, and turn signals are OK in back. However, there are no standard driving lights functioning in the rear, including license plate light.

Bulbs are good - swapped with blinkers and work fine. Suspected fuse, but all fuses are in tact.

Any ideas?