MY CAR FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS NOW RADOMLY WILL NOT ...

• ToniaJ
  • 2001 Mercury Cougar

My car for about 3 months now radomly will not start. It cranks but will not turn over. I have a new alternator, battery, tuneup, changed fuel filter, got my transmission rebuilt at the beginning of this year, and a new starter. I have had my car towed to 2 diffent car shops and when they get it it starts right up for them and checked for codes and not finding anything. They think my fuel pump might be going out but they dont want to charge me for it if they dont know forsure cause its $737.00 and it could be something else making it not start. Someone told me that for my year and make for my car that their was a recall years ago for the fuel pump. Is that true? Its a 2.5 engine V6 automatic. If thats true, can I get it still replaced for free? What else could it be that would be making it not wanting to start? I have put in alot of money on this car! I love my car and dont want to get rid of it. I bought it used about a year ago and just recenty have been having this problem and right now, since the fuel filter has been changed last week. Its been sittting for a week and wont turn over at all now? PLEASE HELP! Thanks Tonia

Sunday, December 30th, 2012 AT 2:20 AM

• ASEMaster6371

Fortunately, the 10 years has expired.

Call the dealer and ask and give them your vin number.

Sunday, December 30th, 2012 AT 2:43 AM
  • ToniaJ

Ok I will. What else could make my car not start? From my first email got all those things replaced so if not fuel pump then what do you think it wont turn over but cranks? Thanks Tonia

Sunday, December 30th, 2012 AT 4:15 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

Lets confirm first. A fuel pump pressure test will be a good start. Lets go one by one and not guess as it is expensive and most of the time wrong

roy

Sunday, December 30th, 2012 AT 4:17 AM