Cranks but wont start

BAMBAM29
  • 2000 HONDA ACCORD
Engine cranks but wont start. Good spark, good fuel pressure, timing belt set correctly. No computer codes. Good injector pulse. Died while driving hasnt started since.
Sunday, March 25th, 2012 AT 3:01 PM

DJCL
What size engine is it 6 or 4 cylinder?
Sunday, March 25th, 2012 AT 3:15 PM
BAMBAM29
Sorry left that out.2.3l 4 cylinder
Sunday, March 25th, 2012 AT 3:34 PM
DJCL
How was the car running before it stalled out? It sounds like you covered a lot ot checks. If the car has spark on all plugs testing @ the plug wire end there is inject or pulse on all 4 cylinders fuel psi amd volume are correct and the timing is on. Compression will have to be checked but I don't think you lost that if belt timing is good. Pull the plugs out and see if thay smell of gas or are weat with fuel m
Sunday, March 25th, 2012 AT 3:46 PM
BAMBAM29
Car was running good before died. Smell gas on plugs. Plugs were wet so replaced
-1
Sunday, March 25th, 2012 AT 4:43 PM
DJCL
Does it try to start? It might be flooded. See if the new plugs are wet agen
Sunday, March 25th, 2012 AT 5:04 PM
BAMBAM29
Doesnt even try to start. Pulled plugs were wet again. Cleaned and reinstalled. No luck
+1
Sunday, March 25th, 2012 AT 5:07 PM
DJCL
When you checked for spark how and where did you check it? Was it with a spark tester that will take hi voltage to fire it and did you check it @ all 4 plugs. I would like to know the quality of the spark @ the plugs. Color of the spark. There may not be full voltage getting to the plug.
Sunday, March 25th, 2012 AT 6:42 PM
BAMBAM29
Adjustable spark tester opened up to 20 and still had good blue spark. Checked at all 4 wires.
Sunday, March 25th, 2012 AT 6:49 PM
DJCL
As far as timing goes you checked belt timing crank and cam all lined up good? If you need the marks let me know I will send them to you. I would want to know what the compression readings are on all 4 cylinders.
Sunday, March 25th, 2012 AT 6:58 PM
BAMBAM29
Will do compression test and get back to you. Thank you for help
Sunday, March 25th, 2012 AT 7:03 PM
DJCL
Ome other thing you can try is. Cranking the engine with your foot on the gas held down to the floor for about 15 second and see if the engine starts to clear out. Let me know how it works out.
Sunday, March 25th, 2012 AT 9:18 PM
BAMBAM29
Did compression test.120 lbs. Tried holding to the floor still no go. Checked tps-good reference voltage and signal to computer. Did checks on main relay-good. Get codes when unplugging sensors for checks. Have run completely out of options to try. Everything indicates should run. Have considered torching but doubt the evil thing will burn. Lol
Wednesday, April 11th, 2012 AT 9:26 PM
DJCL
It sounds like this car is getting to much fuel. I'm still thinking flooded. See if you can do this. Remove all the spark plugs disable the ignition and fuel pump. Crank the engine with all the plugs out. See if fuel is blowing out of the plug holes. When there is no more spraying out add thimble amount of motor oil to each cylinder. Blow dry the plugs thay must be very dry. Reinstall the plugs restore the fuel pump and ignition system holt foot down to the flore on gas crank away and keep your fingers crossed
Wednesday, April 11th, 2012 AT 11:21 PM
BAMBAM29
Ok. Heres what I found. Put engine on tdc. To recheck timing belt again. Pulled off distributor cap and noticed rotor is not pointing to #1 wire. Wire is at about 10 oclock on cap while rotor is pointing to 6. As is the distributor has an offset where it enters cam. How could this happen. Is this common on hondas?
Wednesday, April 18th, 2012 AT 11:54 PM
DJCL
What cylinder is the rotor pointing to
Thursday, April 19th, 2012 AT 12:03 AM
BAMBAM29
Between 4 and 2
Thursday, April 19th, 2012 AT 12:08 AM
DJCL
Are you shore you are looking @ the right cam timing marks. It's hard to be leave the cam marks are all lined up but the rotor is off with out some one turning the distribututer? Re check that you have lined up the crank and cam marks.
Thursday, April 19th, 2012 AT 1:17 AM
BAMBAM29
Cam mark labled up is up and both slashes on sprocket are line up horizontally with cylinder head. Distributor rotor is pointing straight down and should be pointing at 10 oclock where number 1 wire is.
-2
Thursday, April 19th, 2012 AT 7:53 PM