Headlight problem

FREEFLO
  • 2000 CHEVROLET S-10
Headlights stopped working. Doesn't work auto or manually. A few days ago, they came on while driving but went off again shortly after. Fuses are ok and tried another electronic flasher with no luck. Corner, signal and fog lights work fine. Help?
Tuesday, January 18th, 2011 AT 4:25 PM

If you didn't check for voltage at the applicable fuses, you need to do so. Use a voltage tester. The two fuses below the relay, in diagraM, go hot when relay is energized. The two fuses are in the fuse block under the hood. The other two are probably in the interior fuse box.
-1
Tuesday, January 18th, 2011 AT 5:20 PM
FORD MAN
If what JDL suggested isn't the problem. Ya might need new connectors on the back of those headlights. This seems to be a problem with S10's no matter what year they were made.

Ford Man in Michigan
+1
Tuesday, January 18th, 2011 AT 6:43 PM
FREEFLO
Thanks for the quick replies!
Sorry I havent checked the voltages just yet but wanted to share something interesting to my issue.
I hit a fairly deep pothole and what do you know, my headlights came on! On the way home, I did run over some sewer covers and the lights would blink on/off. At other times, when I hit another bump, they would go completely off, then hit another bump and they would come on! Would this be a connector issue as what Ford Man suggested or something else as they both go on/off together?
Any other ideas where I would look for something loose?
+2
Friday, January 21st, 2011 AT 12:02 AM
FORD MAN
Free. Either the connectors are the problem, or ya got a loose connection somewhere. Follow the wires from the backs of the headlights, & then back towards the firewall where the wires connect to the main fuse block inside the cab. If ya don't find a loose connection between the headlights & the firewall, then the connectors ARE the problem !

Ford Man
+1
Friday, January 21st, 2011 AT 3:12 AM
Sounds like your on the right track.
+2
Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 AT 4:50 PM
JFINCH59
Had same problem on 1999 blazier headlights came on and off a couple times ck the wiring harness that goes under the abs control mounting bracket they seem to rub there I fixed like 6 wires good luck
+3
Sunday, October 16th, 2016 AT 5:25 PM