No defrost or floor air

JJL31
  • 2008 FORD TAURUS
  • AWD
Been researching on having no defrost or floor air. My blend door actuator behind glove box was clicking so replacing that part but I also noticed that there are two more under dash on driver side. I have air conditioning and heat, but no floor or defrost. Does anyone know if which actuator I need to change out?
Wednesday, October 26th, 2016 AT 12:25 PM

JIS001
Removal and Installation:

Taurus and Sable.

Remove the brake pedal and bracket. See: Brakes and Traction ControlBrake Pedal Assembly

Taurus X

Remove the instrument cluster. See: Instrument Panel, Gauges and Warning IndicatorsInstrument Cluster / Carrier
Remove the 3 lower steering column cover screws and the cover.
Remove the 3 lower steering column shroud screws and the lower steering column shroud.
Remove the speed control deactivator switch. See: Cruise ControlBrake Switch (Cruise Control)

All vehicles

NOTE: For Taurus X vehicles, the upper rear mode door actuator screw can be accessed through the instrument cluster opening using a swivel-type socket and extension.

Remove the three defrost/panel/floor mode door actuator screws.

Disconnect the defrost/panel/floor mode door actuator electrical connector.
Remove the defrost/panel/floor mode door actuator.
To install, reverse the removal procedure.
-1
Wednesday, October 26th, 2016 AT 3:17 PM
JJL31
Thanks for the information. I actually dove into it yesterday pulled the dash and got it replaced. Got it done in a little over four hours but probably could have been done in two or three if really staying after it. My question now is I started driving this morning and speedometer sits at 25 mph when I am not moving. It seems to work is there a way to get it back to 0?
Thursday, October 27th, 2016 AT 8:31 AM
KEN
Nice to hear you got it fixed, for your new question please start a new thread so this one does not get diluted with different info.

Thanks, Ken
Monday, October 31st, 2016 AT 10:13 PM