No crank, no start, electrical issue 08 Caliber.

DRJ232002
  • 2008 DODGE CALIBER
I have no crank, turn key and nothing. I jumped the solenoid wire and the starter spins but no fuel and or spark. I really need to know if there are any other relays other than what is in the driver fender. Also, if there are any other start fuses other than what are in the TIPM (Total Integrated Power Module). I have the service manual and am doing test light diagnosis but am stuck. I have an idea that it is the ECM (Engine Control Module) but I wanna know why. It ran fine when parked. We had a thunderstorm roll through middle of the night and next morning. Nothing, no crank or nothing.
Tuesday, September 17th, 2013 AT 12:04 PM

SATURNTECH9
Can you get a code reader and see if you have any codes and also see if you can talk to the computer with the code reader?
-1
Tuesday, September 17th, 2013 AT 12:46 PM
DRJ232002
Had a Snap-On "Ethos" reader here briefly and it could not communicate with the engine and spit out code- could not communicate with the ECM/PCM (U0100) with a few other codes but that seemed to be the big one. I am about burnt out on it. Tried a ton of things. Trying to use the service manual to diagnose. Crappy thing I found out, this car had front end damage at one time and we didn't know that when we bought it. These Calibers are notorious for electrical trouble, especially with previous front end damage. I was checking some of the wires under the battery tray that go into the driver fender. The battery tray is pretty heavy duty. It is almost broke completely in half. I dunno what to do. Gonna have to buck up and tow it in I spose.
Tuesday, September 17th, 2013 AT 12:52 PM
SATURNTECH9
I found some tech tips for those symptoms in my online repair info let me know what you find?

Showing 1-2 of 2

Posted By: Tech1 Flag Post For Monitor Review
Shop: KEMPENFELT AUTO
Date: 3/5/2012 1:22:50 PM

Check wiring at main relay box inside left front fender. Found 2 with same concern must be a problem.

Shop: GARAGE V BLAIS
Date: 1/22/2013 12:48:48 PM

thank you "kempenfelt auto" the hint was greatfull anf fast for me, just replace the relay and terminal and work perfectly
Tuesday, September 17th, 2013 AT 1:01 PM
DRJ232002
I have checked before. Wiring seems to be OK. I am not sure which of the 4 is the main relay though. It has 3 that are supposed to be radiator fan. There are 3 on one side and one alone in the corner on other side. I know the one alone in the corner is a fan relay. Hit it with the test light and the fan started up. They aren't the bigger square ones, they are the smaller rectangular relays.
-1
Tuesday, September 17th, 2013 AT 1:09 PM
SATURNTECH9
In the totally integrated power module number 18 40amp is ASD relay contact power feed. Number 23 is 15 amp engine ASD relay feed number 3. Number 26 is 15amp engine ASD relay feed. Number 32 is 30 amp engine ASD control feed 1.
+3
Tuesday, September 17th, 2013 AT 1:21 PM
DRJ232002
I have them on my little sheet of paper here. Are they supposed to be hot with the key on or in the start position? I'm alone so have nobody to crank it for me at the moment.
Tuesday, September 17th, 2013 AT 1:24 PM
SATURNTECH9
Being relay and control feeds I would saying they should have power with the key in the run position.
-1
Tuesday, September 17th, 2013 AT 1:39 PM
STACEY88LYNNE
  • 2007 DODGE CALIBER
Checked fuel pressure and it's good. Still won't crank. Desperately need help.
+1
Wednesday, December 28th, 2016 AT 10:25 AM (Merged)
If you use starting fluid, will it start for a couple seconds?
STACEY88LYNNE
It's fuel injexted. I'm dumb where do I spray it
+1
In the throttle body
STACEY88LYNNE
  • 2007 DODGE CALIBER
Ran out of gas put gas in now does nothing but spin please help
+1
WRENCHTECH
In tank fuel pumps are cooled and lubricated by the fuel in the tank. When you run a car out of gas or very low, it pumps a lot of air through the pump which overheats it and causes some severe wear and many times, failure when they cool off.
You will need to use a fuel pressure gauge to verify this
DENISE6328
  • 2007 DODGE CALIBER
2007 Dodge Caliber 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

we put a obd2 scanner on it. It gave us 2 codes one was the fuel level sensor and the engine oil pressure sensor but we dont even know where to find these on the car could you please help we cant find a repair manual for this car so we have no schematics for the engine
Wednesday, December 28th, 2016 AT 10:26 AM (Merged)
Hi:
I believe the oil pressure sensor can shut down the engine if it indicates no pressure. Also, I believe it's near the oil filter.

Let me know what you find.

+1
AWEITNER
  • 2007 DODGE CALIBER
Dodge Caliber SXT, 2007, 61,100 miles After a trip from Texas to New Mexico and back we pulled into a relatives home, we parked on an incline; initially left the car running. After a few minutes we turned off the vehicle. Fifteen minutes later we started up the car reversed into the street then the gas pedal became unresponsive and the engine sputtered twice before dying. After that the car will not turn over. Today is Christmas, tomorrow is Sunday and I will not be able to get the car into a mechanic until Monday. Any thing to look for or try before I tow it to a mechanic.
-1