Car has no power in drive

NICK HORNER
  • 2007 DODGE CALIBER
I know the car is a CVT transmission you just did not have that in your selection. But what happens is when I put my car into drive, there is zero power going to it, it will only hit 2k rpm, and even in neutral and drive, I couldnt even push my car home, it was like all 4 breaks are locked. But when I put it into reverse, it drives fine, no clunking or anything that seems like the brakes are holding.
Wednesday, January 6th, 2016 AT 3:58 PM

JOHNNYT73
I would believe you may be having transmission failure. I don't believe it is a brake issue since when you put it into reverse that it drives fine. If it were the brakes it would be all the time. This is something that needs a pro to take a look at.
Wednesday, January 6th, 2016 AT 5:37 PM
NICK HORNER
Its not the transmission, I just got it up to 100 km today, with no gear changes, or drops. Also theres a little plastic piece at the bottom where the transmission is, I can see the belt and everything still spinning fine.
Wednesday, January 6th, 2016 AT 5:43 PM
NICK HORNER
Also I get zero error codes. And the tranmission isnt overheating. Thats why I dont believe its the trans
Wednesday, January 6th, 2016 AT 5:44 PM

Sponsored links