Car will not crank

ANGEL48
  • 2012 DODGE CALIBER
When ignition is turned - car will not crank nor start - no clicking sound when ignition is turned on - could this be the ignition switch? I have had the starter checked, I checked all fuses, I have checked the oil and the gas. I have had to replace a wire that hooks up to the air conditioner; which was one problem at one point, but now with a new starter, a charged battery - my car will not start when the key is turned on.
Monday, September 30th, 2013 AT 10:32 AM

This sounds like the TIPM has failed. This guide to check and the relay location is in the diagram below with the starter wiring diagrams so you can see how it works. The TIPM will need to be programmed according to the instructions but I have heard guys replacing it and it self initializes. Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.
+1
Monday, September 30th, 2013 AT 4:53 PM
TURBOJAY
Thanks for this post I had this issue and had to replace the TIPM. I love this site.
Saturday, January 26th, 2019 AT 5:03 PM