2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse No spark

HATESMITSUBISHI
  • 2002 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE
My problem is no spark no injector pulse. I tested my coils and have 12 volts on the lead and -.4 on the signal. I made the dumb move of replacing anything related to spark(ckp, cmp, ecu, fuses and relays checked, harness checked, coolant sensor) Now I found a frayed wire on the right side of the head that runs with the wire going to the O2 sensor, the wire DOES NOT go to the sensor tho. I cannot find where this wire broke from the wires a bare wire wrapped in a copper foil jacket then is wrapped but the plastic around the o2sensor wires. I believe its a ground but dont wanna go putting it anywhere, does anyone know what this wire is or know what my problem is?
Thursday, January 21st, 2010 AT 5:59 PM

MERLIN2021
Copper foils are usually radio antenna wires, hows the reception? Can you scan for codes?
Friday, January 22nd, 2010 AT 9:40 PM
HATESMITSUBISHI
Sorry it took so long to reply along with car problems I have computer problems yes the car was scanned and got no codes the wire I was asking about turned out to be a insulator for the crank sensor wires
Sunday, January 24th, 2010 AT 7:11 PM
MERLIN2021
If thats now fixed, injectors are working?
-1
Monday, January 25th, 2010 AT 2:36 AM
HATESMITSUBISHI
No I have no injector pulse, but have good fuel pressure to the rail
Monday, January 25th, 2010 AT 3:06 PM
MERLIN2021
What you need to make sure of is that the Crank sensor is still good, and the wiring from it to the PCM is now good, if either is faulty, the PCM gets no signal, and you will not get spark. Note the wire colors at the sensor, find them at the PCM and check ohms, you want to see under 5 ohms on each wire, if over that, find the point they are touching bare metal.
Monday, January 25th, 2010 AT 5:57 PM
HATESMITSUBISHI
Im 100% sure its not the wiring, 2 saturdays ago I took the dash out and opened the harness all the way back to the pcm. I found some knicked wires at the connectors, but I replaced all that was exposed. Im gunna check for crank signal cause yea im thinking the same spot. A crank sensor problem is the only thing to cause no spark and no injectors right? I have checked the signal before and I dont think I was doing it correctly, I found a forum telling me to use super small sewing needles and punctor the wire and check the needles for voltage. Is this a correct method?
+1
Tuesday, January 26th, 2010 AT 3:08 PM
MERLIN2021
Yes if your testing close to the PCM, to check the sensor just unplug it and meter the sensor terminals while cranking.
Wednesday, January 27th, 2010 AT 2:34 AM
HATESMITSUBISHI
Havent reposted in while basicly got fed up with the car and passed it on to a local engine shop now that move wasnt a good one hes had the car a week finally said his modis told him bad crank sensor now he changed that and the timing belt STILL NOTHING now im in the whole with this guy but at the same place my question is. Do you know how this sensor communticates with the crank is there a magnet located on the crankshaft? And Do you think somesort of interuption in the wires could cause computers to say bad crank sensor?If would wrapping the crank wires in a foil grounded to the body stop this?
Thursday, February 4th, 2010 AT 4:24 PM
MERLIN2021
If it has spark at the plugs, crank sensor is OK, if it's no fuel at injectors, no injector pulse, it's the cam sensor, check that.
+1
Friday, February 5th, 2010 AT 12:55 PM