Misfire problem that is causing car to go into limp mode

KENTUCKYCOROLLA
  • 2009 TOYOTA COROLLA
Car started to miss badly and run poorly overall. Had car worked on by mechanic but to no avail. Have changed all four coil packs, new plugs, one new injector, gaskets all around, cleaned throttle body, checked for intake leaks, basically the whole nine yards and it still is misfiring. Before all the fixes, the car would not even hold idle without giving gas to engine. Could not come to a stop without shutting off. I have resorted to asking for other outside opinions since I have ran into a wall and do not want to keep throwing parts at it. It now holds a steady park idle at ~1200-1300 RPM and once in gear holds at ~800-900 RPM. This is much better than before but now after driving car for a bit, car will jerk and go into limp mode, limiting car to roughly 60 MPH. Need advice on what could possibly be wrong.
Wednesday, October 10th, 2018 AT 6:33 PM

KEN

It sounds like you have a low compression issue but we should run the codes to see what comes up here is guide to get us started.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/checking-a-service-engine-soon-or-check-engine-light-on-or-flashing

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken

Friday, October 12th, 2018 AT 10:40 AM
KENTUCKYCOROLLA
The only codes that are present now are a cylinder four misfire. I cannot remember the exact number. But this is the code that originally was thrown. Compression test has been ran and seems to be fine.
Friday, October 12th, 2018 AT 6:24 PM
KEN
It sounds like it can be a camshaft issue does the engine sounds normal? I would remove the valve cover the make sure the valve springs and camshaft lobes are okay. Check all cylinders because then can affect #4.

This guide will get you started.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-valve-cover-gasket
Saturday, October 13th, 2018 AT 10:58 AM