ECM or Fuel Pump Relay?

BLUCIVIC01
  • 2001 HONDA CIVIC
Electrical problem 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 133000 miles

Ok. So I was cruising along doing 55 and dropped it into 4th gear and that's when it all started. The tach and temp gauge shut off within a minute after starting and the car idles louder at the time it shuts off. Car drinks twice as much gas now. I can only do 10 mph per gear (10 mph first gear 20 in second etc.)

I've tried hooking up a diagnostic machine at the dealership and they can't get any connection with the ecm. They charged me 170 bucks to tell me "well. It might be the fuel pump relay or the ecm. Then agian it might be something else" So i'm up poop creek without a paddle here. Any ideas? Oh. And I obviously need to check the F/P relay. Where would this be located? Any help what so ever would be greatly appreciated!
Monday, March 31st, 2008 AT 1:42 PM

KEN

This sounds like you want to replace the PGM-FI relay which controls the fuel pump and the ECM there are two for your car here is a guide to help you test the relay

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

The location of the fuel pump (PGM-FI) is in the center of the dash

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken
Monday, February 12th, 2018 AT 12:32 PM