95 Honda Accord 4cyl trouble starting

BEAM4MIKE
  • 1995 HONDA ACCORD
Hi, It's a 95 Honda Accord 4cyl at 170K miles. Problem started last winter where the car would crank and crank but would not start whenever there was a lot of moisture in the air. Only after the outside temp went up and all the dew had evaporated would it start. Replaced the distributer cap and gasket. Now, same problem: Car will crank and crank but never start. More symptoms include: check engine light comes on but never extinguishes. With the key in the ON position, after 15 seconds the D4 light will flash at a 2 htz rate indefinately. I can't hear the fuel pump running and the main relay does click when I place the ignition swith in ON. I reset the ECU by removing the fuse and waiting one minute. All efforts have not changed the symptoms. I can't find the diagnostic connector to jumper it and get codes. Thanks for the help!
Saturday, October 20th, 2007 AT 12:18 PM

We need to get that gas to make it all the way to the injectors. Get a helper, find the fuel pump connector check for voltage at black and yellow wire, when key is in On position-Do you have it? If so direct power the pump from the battery-did it come On? If not its defective. Get this done and comeback
Saturday, October 20th, 2007 AT 2:04 PM
BEAM4MIKE
I'd like to but, from the online forums that I've been reading, they say that I can access the fuel pump under the back seat/driver side. I just pulled up my backseat and no access panel there. Also, non in the trunk. How do I access the fuel pump to get the voltages off of the connector? Thanks for your time.
Saturday, October 20th, 2007 AT 2:31 PM
BEAM4MIKE
Thanks again for your time. It finally warmed up enough here in Rhode Island for the car to start (I'm active duty Navy for 18 years now and am up here temporarily with not too many tools at my access) My symptoms changed though. I heard the main relay close like normal but this time, heard a relay close simulltaneous with the check engine light extinguishing and heard a relay when the SRS light went out. Never heard the fuel pump this time though but the car runs just fine. Still odd (to me) though with the cold weather symptoms.
Saturday, October 20th, 2007 AT 2:56 PM
You're in the wrong place and time lol. Find every wire connector you can find upfront make sure its tight and clean. Also the power distribution box.

You got 2 more years and its over hang in there-You probably been around the world five different times huh! Adventure

Good Luck
Saturday, October 20th, 2007 AT 4:48 PM
SERVICE WRITER
Sounds like you might have a a bad igniter or ignition coil. I would go with Honda parts on this, aftermarket has been a problem. We ran into this, coil was more typical.

I never joined any of the forces although I came close. I have a helluva respect your types.
Saturday, October 20th, 2007 AT 8:36 PM