1996 Honda Accord hard to start

ESAU RAMOS
  • 1996 HONDA ACCORD
My honda will not start in the mornings specially when cold weather. It took long sometimes 30 to 60 minutes or more. Rest of the day is just fine.

there is no "check engine" light.
Monday, October 5th, 2009 AT 5:45 PM

Hi there esau ramos and TY for the donation this is what keeps the site going.

Do this don't wait remove the intake tube at the throttle body and spray into it with a starting fluid and tell me what happened this will give me a basic idea what's happening so that I can continue to assist.
-2
Monday, October 5th, 2009 AT 6:15 PM
ESAU RAMOS
The problem is that the car is in california and I'm in kansas. My daughter have it, I will call her tonight, so if you have something specific please go ahead and share it with me know.
Monday, October 5th, 2009 AT 6:47 PM
Or do below Check for spark and fuel

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
Tuesday, October 6th, 2009 AT 4:10 PM
BOOSTEDVTEC419
I actually had this very same problem. And after doing a complete tune up: plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter oil and coolant flush it stopped. Also my main relay didnt always want to work. Hope that helps!
+1
Tuesday, October 6th, 2009 AT 4:18 PM