2002 Dodge Caravan Horn does not work

BAGUSKAYAKU
  • 2002 DODGE CARAVAN
My dodge caravan 2002 horn does not work, but the ABS work light works great.
I've already checked the fuse, relay, cleaned all the socket (fuse, relay etc) and checked the wire from horn to the fuse and relay, every are good connection. But the horn does not get a power.
Would you give me some suggestion what step do I need to do?
Do you know where I can get the wiring diagram for this car? Your prompt reply is appreciated, thank you.
Monday, August 16th, 2010 AT 10:11 AM

Here you go

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_h1_18.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_h2_17.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_h3_6.jpg

-2
Monday, August 16th, 2010 AT 10:21 AM
Did you use a testlite at the horn relay? Terminals 30 and 86 are hot all the time. If you use a jumper between cavity 30 and 87, the horn should sound, does it? If it does, the problem is in the steering column or front control module.
+2
Monday, August 16th, 2010 AT 10:32 AM
Hey, Razmataz, I didn't see your post.
Monday, August 16th, 2010 AT 10:35 AM
BAGUSKAYAKU
Rasmataz and JDL thank you.
I did jumper for cavity 30 and 87, the horn sounds great.
Would you give me idea how to check the the steering column or front control module?
Please let me know, thanks
Monday, August 16th, 2010 AT 5:03 PM
Find the dark green wire with violet tracer, under the dash. Use a jumper wire splice into dk grn/vio wire, ground other end of jumper to chassis ground, if horn sounds, the problem should be in the steering column. All repair info says to disarm airbag where applicable when working under the dash.
+1
Monday, August 16th, 2010 AT 6:22 PM
BAGUSKAYAKU
JDL,

Thanks for the info. I'm kind of new of this, so how do you exactly disarm the airbag?
Someone told me that when you disconnect the negative end of the battery and allow it to sit for about 5 minutes, and then disconnect the socket and remove the airbag compartment. Is this correct or is there another method? After removing the airbag, it would be safe to reconnect the battery's negative end to test the steering column, correct?

Thanks.
+1
Monday, August 16th, 2010 AT 8:40 PM
To disarm, remove negative battery cable for at least two minutes. There are safety issues with any airbag. Safety is your responsibility.
+1
Tuesday, August 17th, 2010 AT 7:26 AM
BAGUSKAYAKU
Hi JDL,

I checked the horn switch, the clock spring, and the cable leading up to the Front Control Module, and they all seem to be working properly. The problem seems to be with the Front Control Module. First, where is the Front Control Module found, and secondly, how would I go about replacing this? Would I have to purchase the entire IPM? How much would this cost, and what other changes could be associated with replacing the IPM (are there programming issues, etc)? Thanks.
+1
Tuesday, August 17th, 2010 AT 4:41 PM
BAGUSKAYAKU
JDL,

Finally, I found the problem, the printed board where the firing is broken a part in the middle. So I connect it with wiring from the out side. It works great, thank you so much for your help.
Tuesday, August 17th, 2010 AT 8:27 PM
BASS
Hi baguskayaku

I have the same problem with my 2002 dodge caravan, the horn stopped working, no airbag light, fuse and relay is ok.

How did you fix yours, where is the printed board you mentiond in your previous post locted/

+1
Saturday, March 12th, 2011 AT 12:43 AM
BAGUSKAYAKU
Bass, the location of the printed board is beside the battery(please look at first picture). I attach the diagram(picture 2-4) and check the printed board with the multimeter and has a good connection. And make sure the clockspring has not broken. Autozone sells the clockspring ( Part Number: 525-101 )about $ 50. Please let me know if you need more information. BK
+2
Saturday, March 12th, 2011 AT 11:18 PM
Good job.
Wednesday, March 16th, 2011 AT 7:44 PM