Fuel pump relay location on a 94 Camaro V8

CPT87GN
  • 1994 CHEVROLET CAMARO

Im having trouble locating the fuel pump relay on my 1994 chevy camaro v8 and how do I check it ito see if its bad im not getting power to the fuel pump

Friday, July 13th, 2007 AT 11:34 PM

4THGENZ28

First check the fuel pump fuse in fuse panel in drivers' side end of dash. The relay is located behind the dash near the fuse panel, and is wired to that fuse. Pull the relay and see if it is the same as used by the fog lamps If they are the same, exchange your fuel pump relay for the fog lamp relay located under the cover of the fuse block near the air filter's location, and with the ignition key turned on, temporarily turn on the fogs. If they operate as normal, your fuel pump relay is good. It is your fuel pump electrical connections, or the pump itself that will be suspect, if the fuse and relay are good. A clogged fuel filter could prevent the fuel pump from sending fuel even if there is a signal from the PCM, just as a loose or broken wire could cause a loss of power to the fuel pump. Check those items too. The fuel filter should be replaced every 2years or 24000 miles, to achieve maximum life from the pump and fuel injectors. Sooner, if needed.

+1
Wednesday, July 18th, 2007 AT 3:21 PM
RAYMOND J

Fuel relay on 1994 Camaro Z28 is under the kick panel driver's side, square box on the floor by your left foot

Thursday, August 3rd, 2017 AT 4:38 PM
2CARPROS KEN

Here is a diagram of its location (below)

Great addition to this thread! Please feel free to help out whenever you are on the site :)

Cheers, Ken

Saturday, August 5th, 2017 AT 7:18 PM