Acura TL won't start but I can only hear CLICK.

Y2KXMAN
  • 2002 ACURA TL

My engine won't start though I have replaced its starter on my acura TL 2002. My battery is good after being tested at Advance Auto (12.6 voltage). Fuses are good. Neutral safety switch is good. Alternator is good and still charging to its battery while running (14 plus voltage). Checked Voltage from starter is good (12.6). Checked voltage draw from starter = good (11.7 voltage). No corrosion on battery poles. The only place I have not check is the ignition switch. My car runs fine while I give it a jump to its STARTER but if I give it a jump on its battery I won't start but CLICK.
Do you have any suggestion what I should do? Thanks so much in advance.

Wednesday, May 28th, 2014 AT 5:01 AM

2CARPROS KEN

Hey Y2KXMAN

It sounds like you have one of two problem, the first is you got a bad starter and need to replace it with another, the second is not to pretty, it could be that the head gasket is blown and a cylinder has filled with coolant or the engine is locked up and need replacement.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-a-starter-motor

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/head-gasket-blown-test

Please let us know what happens so it will help others

Best, Ken

Saturday, January 28th, 2017 AT 12:41 PM
MAKSYMKOW
  • 2002 ACURA TL
  • MERGED

2002 acura tl type s The car starts fine every morning, but when used to make several stops, at some point it won't start. It turns over, the battery is fine, but it won't start until it cools down for about a half hour or so.

Saturday, January 28th, 2017 AT 12:42 PM
FUNGUY4
  • MERGED

Do u have a check engine light on?

-2
MAKSYMKOW
  • MERGED

A service engine light is on, but we had just had the oil changed and they did not shut it off

-1
KHLOW2008
  • MERGED

Intermittent non starting can be due to many factors and when problem occurs, you need to test what is missing.

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

MAINTENANCE REQUIRED - PROCEDURE 4

1. At 5900-6100 miles MAINT REQ'D light blinks for 10 seconds when the ignition switch is turned to ON (II) position. At 7400-7600 miles MAINT REQ'D light illuminates and stays on while ignition switch is in ON (II) position.

2. To reset MAINT REQ'D light, turn ignition switch to OFF position. Push and hold the Trip or Select and the reset buttons simultaneously. Turn ignition switch to ON (II) position, and continue to hold buttons for more than 10 seconds.

-2
Please consider a donation if we helped you