Car will not start

AVERAGEJOES
  • 1995 ACURA INTEGRA

Four cylinder two wheel drive manual

Working on a friends car. She had it in one of the "import shops" here in the town we live in, and they diagnosed the problem as a fuel pump. I am trying to get my own shop up and running, and she decided to bring it to me. I confirmed the fuel pump was not working, got her a new pump, filter, strainer. Got everything in and have fuel pressure through the fuel rail, but would not fire. Pulled two spark plugs, and turned it, no spark. Checked for voltage on the Black/yellow distributor wire and have 12.6 v for igniter run, and ignition starting. Pulled distributor cap, checked the points and rotor, look good, cleaned them up a little. Tested the igniter coil, and have 0.7 Ohms resistance on the primary, 13.9 on secondary. I am thinking it might be something unplugged that the shop who first looked at it did, but I cannot find anything unplugged. Please give me a few ideas on where to look or test next. By the way, check engine light does come on and shut off after two seconds when key is turned.

Thursday, December 31st, 2009 AT 4:03 PM

If that is the resistance you got between terminals A and B, that is perfect. The secondary resistance between terminal A and the secondary tower resistance should be between 12,800 19,200 ohms at 68 degrees, so it sounds like the coil is good. Here is a picture if it helps:

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249084_coil_2.jpg

Now, is the igniter working properly. Follow these directions to check it:

1) Remove the distributor cap and rotor.

2) Disconnect the black/yellow, white/blue, yellow/green, and blue wires from the igniter .

3) Turn ignition on. Check for power between the black/yellow wire and ground. If voltage does not exist, check for an open between the igniter and the ignition switch. If there is power move on to number four.

4) Check for power between white/blue wire and ground. If no power exist, check the wire for damage. If there is power, move on to next step.

5) Unplug the PCM wiring harness and check for continunity in the green/yellow wire between the PCM and the ignitor. Also, check continunity of the blue wire between the ignitor and tachometer.

6) Replace or repair wiring as necessary. If there are no wiring problems, replace the ignitor.

Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions. These types of problems can be difficult but I think the ignitor is the problem. Let me know what you find. Keep in mind, if they removed the PCM wiring harness, it may not be properly reinstalled.

Thanks for using 2carpros.com and happy new year!

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Friday, January 1st, 2010 AT 12:43 AM
SERGIOARIZOLA
  • 1995 ACURA INTEGRA
  • MERGED

Four cylinder front wheel drive manual 147,000 miles

my car will not start. It sounds like it wants to but it does not start. The battery is good it gets power. Sounds like it might be the fuel pump. It turned off while driving and will not start. What could it be?

Thursday, January 26th, 2017 AT 6:25 PM
  • MERGED

Do below to determine if its fuel or spark issue then comeback with results asap.

Get a starting fluid or ether and spray into the carburetor or the throttle body on an EFI. Did it start and shut off? If not disconnect a spark plug wire or two and ground it to the engine. Have helper crank engine over, do you have a snapping blue spark? If so, you have a fuel related problem. Check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors.

Thursday, January 26th, 2017 AT 6:25 PM
MSEAL20
  • 1995 ACURA INTEGRA
  • MERGED

I got this car used it is the LS and about three months ago I starting have probably. I got told that I need a new distributor and no fire. Now I find out that the engine is a CRV tack read 0 and no fire. What could be wrong. Did I burn the PCM up because of the distributor? What is not told and I did not know.

Thursday, January 26th, 2017 AT 6:25 PM
  • MERGED

No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors.

Thursday, January 26th, 2017 AT 6:25 PM
PANNB
  • 1995 ACURA INTEGRA
  • MERGED

Six cylinder front wheel drive automatic 175,000 miles

I turn the ignition several times and did not get any sound at all and the fourth time, the car started.

Thursday, January 26th, 2017 AT 6:25 PM
BRUCE HUNT
  • MERGED

You need to check the battery terminals. They call them terminals and I think it is because their life should be terminated. They get bad, corrode and need to be cleaned and/or replaced. Start there.

Thursday, January 26th, 2017 AT 6:25 PM
ANDREWZDANAME
  • 1995 ACURA INTEGRA
  • MERGED

Hello, My car is not starting up, my engine cranks but it does not start, there is spark and when I turn the key to the on position the check light engine does not come on and also I do not the hear the fuel pump prime. But when I open the tank I hear the pressure relieving. Please and than you for the help.

Thursday, January 26th, 2017 AT 6:25 PM
ANDREWZDANAME
  • MERGED

If you want I could upload a picture of the dash fuse box and hood fuse box.

Thursday, January 26th, 2017 AT 6:25 PM
ASEMASTER6371
  • MERGED

Check all fuses with a test light.

No check engine light is a clue for a bad PCM.

Thursday, January 26th, 2017 AT 6:25 PM