2007 Dodge Nitro AC Drier

CIPRIMM23
  • 2007 DODGE NITRO
Where in the world is the AC Drier! I've traced the lines from the top and bottom and can't find any clue of the drier. I've found the x valve, ac compressor, high and low side. No drier. Getting ready to replace the ac compressor because it is out, and would like to change the drier also. Or is it even necessary? Any help would be appreciated. If your able to find a diagram that would be great also. Thank you.
Friday, May 16th, 2014 AT 2:53 PM

It's also called an accumaltor which normally is connected to the evaporator at firewall. Yours however is by the condenser make sure ot replace drier as well as expansion orfice and that there is no junk in system otherwise your system won't work to well if at all.
+3
Friday, May 16th, 2014 AT 3:17 PM
CIPRIMM23
The diagram helps. Im used to seeing them sitting up pretty in plane view. Any recommendations on how to get to it? Don't want to have to take the grill out. I looked in that location but it didn't stick out, so Ill have to look again. Is it necessary to totally vacuum down the system? Or could I get away with just 'bleeding' the lines? I read on a forum that dealerships just unhook the old, re connect the new, then top it off with freon. Doesn't sound too smart to me, but do you think that would work?
+3
Friday, May 16th, 2014 AT 4:19 PM
Anytime a system is opened up it should be vacuumed down just blocking it off and replacing the part then refilling is not good. I can't copy the instructions but the grill has to come out an dyou have to remove the bolt from under the fascia once you unhook the lines if the system hasn't been pumped down or Freon removed it will blow all over an dyou will need to add oil as well.
+2
Friday, May 16th, 2014 AT 4:55 PM
CIPRIMM23
Ok. I think Ill just buy the whole kit. Might as well do it the right way. I found a video for grille removal. Seems pretty straight forward. I really appreciate your help. Hopefully I can get this done without too much pain.
+4
Friday, May 16th, 2014 AT 5:08 PM