AIR CONDITIONING PROBLEM2007 DODGE NITRO 6 CYL ...

2007 Dodge Nitro

G.ARASALLIE@YAHOO.COM

June, 27, 2010 AT 11:59 AM

Air Conditioning problem
2007 Dodge Nitro 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 48000. Miles

AIR BLOWS OUT BUT WHEN WE ARE AT A STOP AIR IS WARM AND WHEN GOING ON THE ROAD AIR IS COOL. PLEASE ADVICE (ONLY WOMEN AT HOME AT ON A BUDGET)

A/c

Air Conditioning

Jacobandnickolas

July, 6, 2010 AT 8:49 PM

Have you had the system recharged?

G.ARASALLIE@YAHOO.COM

July, 7, 2010 AT 10:37 PM

I SORRY YOUR ASKING (BLONDE MOMENT) WHAT DO U MEAN RECHARGED. (FREEON) PLEASE EXPLAIN.

Jacobandnickolas

July, 8, 2010 AT 12:12 AM

No such thing as a " Blond moment.&Quot; Basically, freon is a gas. It is pressurized in the AC system and it is what creates the cold air. If it is low on freon, the AC may not get very cold, it can cause the AC compressor to shut down if it is below a certain pressure.

If the compressor isn't engaging, the freon isn't cycled through the system.

Let me know if you have other questions. And if you're a doctor, I have pleanty for you, and I assure you I will have many questions because I won't understand. (LOL)

Jacobandnickolas

July, 8, 2010 AT 12:16 AM

Sorry, my hair is black and I had a " blond moment.&Quot; Recharging: Basically, new freon is added to the system to bring it to the manufacturer's recommend pressure. It is added through the " low pressure" port on the system. You can actually do it yourself. You can purchase Freon in cans at the parts store. However, if you have never done it before, please have them point out which valve is the low pressure port for recharging. If by accident you place it on the high pressure side, it could cause the steel can to explode.

G.ARASALLIE@YAHOO.COM

July, 8, 2010 AT 8:33 PM

NO NOT A DOCTOR, BUT A PHARMACY TECH AND NO I ALSO NOT A REAL BLONDE (HA HA). THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE AND NOW WHEN I TAKE NITRO IN TO SHOP I CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING TO BE REPAIRED AND NOT FEEL LIKE I'M BEING TAKEN FOR A RIDE. PS ASK QUESTIONS AWAY

Jacobandnickolas

July, 8, 2010 AT 9:15 PM

If you have any questions in the future, let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Take care,

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue