I went out this morning to start my Cobalt and the battery was gone. I called AAA who came out and replaced my battery. I thought I was good to go after this. Once I started my car, I noticed that the temperature indicator wasn't working and once I started to drive, I noticed that the speedometer isn't working and the car won't shift past first gear. AAA tried to jump start my car before they replaced the battery, and I'm thinking that a fuse might've been blown out whenever they tried to do so, which may be causing the problems with the car not shifting and the speedometer/temp indicators not working.
When I called AAA and told them about this, they sent someone out to my house who looked at the car and basically told me that I was full of it to think that a battery switch could be causing all of these problems. Yet, the car was working fine before the battery was switched out and the car was jump started.
I don't have a method to check the voltage on the fuses right now. Anything in particular I should tell the mechanic to check/look out for?
Can anyone provide some insight as to what might be going on here?
have the same problem?
Monday, June 16th, 2014 AT 8:55 PM