2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse no spark checked everything possibile

CAMMIES22
  • 2000 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE
Car died while running want crank it turns over but no spark, checked harness, spark plugs, coil, packs, and all the computers we're stumped
Tuesday, September 8th, 2015 AT 11:42 AM

Have you checked for injector pulses? Loss of spark accounts for less than four percent of cranks / no-starts. Loss of fuel pressure accounts for perhaps one percent of no-starts. 95 percent of no-starts are caused by a loss of fuel pressure, injector pulses, AND loss of spark.

The first step is to determine if the fuel injection relay is turning on. To do that, use a test light to check for 12 volts on the red wire of any injector. You might see the test light turn on for one second after turning on the ignition switch. What's important is if it turns on during engine cranking.
Tuesday, September 8th, 2015 AT 9:14 PM
2CARPROS MIKE
Cammies22

The car has no spark the fuel injector and fuel pressure has nothing to do with that should I show you how to do your job
Thursday, September 10th, 2015 AT 9:58 AM
You have a rather unusual way of interacting with people who are trying to help you with no expectation of any reward other than a "thank you".

If you found one light bulb burned out, would you replace it or would you check to see if all the others were working first? If your favorite radio station didn't come in, would you replace the radio or would you see if the other stations were working first? If you have no spark, would you consume all your time in that circuit as way too many people mistakenly do, or would you be informed enough to check for other things that are missing, like injector pulses and fuel pump? If you want to stick with the ignition circuit, you obviously haven't been successful so far, so by all means, keep at it. Better yet, take the car to a mechanic because that will be the least expensive and most effective way to solve this. Throwing a bunch of random parts at the problem when you don't even know how the circuit works is the most expensive way to fix this.

Once you learn some manners and come back for the next things to check, please use some punctuation in your replies. Due to a major house fire and no internet, I drive 20 miles round trip each night to sit where I can connect to a wireless spot to help you. The least you can do is take the time to type some coherent sentences to make it easier for me to help get your car running.
Thursday, September 10th, 2015 AT 10:41 PM