1997 TOYOTA COROLLA CAR SHUTS OFF SPONTANEOUSLY

• Trish504
  • 1997 TOYOTA COROLLA

I was driving on the highway when my car suddenly shut off. When I tried to restart it, I only heard clicking and no dash lights came on. When I pressed the brake pedal after about 20 tries, the lights came on & the car finally started. Ive been trying to research the issue myself but there are so many possibilities. Can you please suggest what the problem may be? I read about the radiator temp fan thing but it wasnt really hot outside & I hadnt been driving the car for very long.
thank you!

Friday, June 28th, 2013 AT 6:24 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

I have to be honest, this sounds like a simple fix. Based on what you described, there seems to be a disruption in the electrical system. The first thing to do is check to make sure the battery terminals are clean and tight. Also, check the ground from the battery to the engine block. Something tells me the problem lies there.

Let me know what you find.

Friday, June 28th, 2013 AT 7:39 PM
  • Trish504

Thank you so much. I will let you know the outcome :)

Saturday, June 29th, 2013 AT 12:08 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

Sounds good. I'll look for your posting.

Saturday, June 29th, 2013 AT 8:34 PM