HOW CAN I DIAGNOSE AC PROBLEM? COMPRESSOR WILL ...

1996 Lincoln Town Car

Anonymous

October, 25, 2012 AT 1:47 AM

How can I Diagnose ac problem? Compressor will not engage. AC blows hot air. AC system has no leaks-is fully charged. I have been told everything from "Climate control switch" to a bad compressor. I am a senior citizen on a fixed income and can not afford to let people practice until they fix the problem. Please help.

October, 25, 2012 AT 2:44 AM

IF IT WON'T "FIRE UP", HOW DO YOU KNOW IT'S FULLY CHARGED. STILL?

FUSES?

CONNECTIONS?

HAVE YOU "CHEATED" (JUST AS A TEST--ONLY FOR A FEW SECONDS) THE LOW PRESSURE SWITCH CONNECTION, JUST TO SEE IF IT WILL ENGAGE AND RUN?

IF THAT STUFF DID NOTHIN'

CAN YOU RUN A TEMPORARY JUMPER TO THE CLUTCH----TOUCH IT TO TO THE POSITIVE BATTERY POST---DOES IT ENGAGE?---NOTHIN' AGAIN. MAYBE THE CLUTCH IS BAD.

IF IT DOES RUN---EITHER THE LOW PRESSURE SWITCH IS BAD, OR THE SYSTEM IS LOW ON GAS

THAT'S A FEW POSSIBILITIES THAT MIGHT BE ELIMINATED. BEFORE YOU HANG YOUR HEAD AND TAKE IT TO A SHOP

'COURSE THERE ARE OTHER FACTORS THAT MAY PLAY IN-WIRING--RELAYS--SWITCHES--ETC

SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE LIMITED IN YOUR ABILITIES----I HOPE IT IS SOMETHING SIMPLE THAT I HAVE MENTIONED

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Blend Door Actuator Replacement