1996 FORD RANGER TAIL LIGHTS NOT WORKING

• Prappl93
  • 1996 FORD RANGER

I have a 1996 Ford Ranger XLT without a towing package, and my tail lights have stopped working a couple of months ago, and I have just recently tried replacing them with new bulbs, but that didn't fix it. Not only did the tail lights go out, but the license plate lights are also not working. Both turn signals, backing-up lights, and brake lights are receiving electricity and functioning properly, but the tail lights and license plate lights aren't working. I have also checked the front lights, and the parking lights, low and high-beams are working. What could be the problem, and how could I fix it?

Friday, April 15th, 2011 AT 1:33 AM

• PROTECH1980
  • 928 POSTS

Do the dash illumination lights work? If so I suspect you have a broken wire somewhere underneath the truck, If you could I would get under the back and start checking for a break or rub thru in the harness, I can post a wiring diagram if you want to try and track it down.

Friday, April 15th, 2011 AT 1:44 AM
  • Prappl93

The dash illumination lights do work. I would greatly appreciate the wiring diagram so that I can check it out.

Friday, April 15th, 2011 AT 2:03 AM
  • PROTECH1980
  • 928 POSTS

See diagram:

Friday, April 15th, 2011 AT 2:10 AM
  • Prappl93

That image looks a bit small for me to read, could you possibly e-mail it to me at jworth93@gmail. Com?

Friday, April 15th, 2011 AT 2:16 AM
  • PROTECH1980
  • 928 POSTS

Hey there, just wanted to see if you found out anything with the lights.

Friday, April 15th, 2011 AT 8:17 PM