Timing mark diagram

RVSNGL
  • 1994 TOYOTA CAMRY
Timing mark diagram for car listed above LE model 2.2 liter.
Saturday, June 11th, 2011 AT 8:53 PM

Here is a guide and the diagrams below so you can see how the job is done:

https://www.2carpros.com/diagrams/toyota/camry/1994

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers
-2
Saturday, June 11th, 2011 AT 9:09 PM
AMIKER
  • 1994 TOYOTA CAMRY
Four cylinder front wheel drive manual 159,000 miles

I am trying to find out which dots to line up on camshafts gears on cam shafts. If someone could point me to a picture would be great. I had the cam shafts out to replace head gasket I never noticed the gears had more than one dot on gears.

I am talking about the two gears on the camshafts under the valve cover this is a 2.2 liter with duel cams there are dots on both gears not sure which dots to line up. This is a 5S-FE engine.

Thanks for any help.
Thursday, September 27th, 2018 AT 2:35 PM (Merged)
BMRFIXIT

Check this page:

And here is the diagram you are looking for:

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_Graphic1_449.jpg

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers,
+34
BRUCE DOTSY
  • 1994 TOYOTA CAMRY
I have three dots on the intake and two on the exhaust. One has two dots and the other is one. Which dots do I put together?
ASEMASTER6371
Good morning,

On the 2.2 four cylinder, there is only one cam gear, not two. Can you verify the engine you have?
2CARPROS-ARCHIVES
  • 1994 TOYOTA CAMRY
Our car shut off last week, it just quite slowly came to a stop. It starts but there is no fire. We checked the cam, timing belt. We cannot hear the fuel pump. Just looking for any help we can get.
ASEMASTER6371
It starts and there is no fire? Does it run or not?

Please explain.

+1
WOLFDOG51
  • 1994 TOYOTA CAMRY
I have the listed above with a 2.2 twin cam engine. Is there a mark on the exhaust cam to line up with the intake cam and where is it?
+1
SATURNTECH9
So you need the timing marks to install a timing chain?
RPONDER
  • 1995 TOYOTA CAMRY
Okay, had to put a new head on my car LE model. The head is set just fine and the car starts but runs very rough and I am getting a little "pop" and "chug" back through the main air intake while running so the valves have to be slightly off. It is not awful but it is there. I have worn the web and your site out looking for answers. My cams are lined up exactly as they are in the attached image from that thread. I have been stuck at this point for days and simply have to get the car running again. I have looked for pictures that would show me cam lobe positions when number one cylinder is TDC, but cannot find any. I have of a service manual PDF but it is not helping. It has to be something simple. I am not a mechanical moron but this one has me stumped and lack of information is not helping.
See pictures for locations. Last picture is of timing with crank pulley on valve adjustment is.007-.011 intake and.011-.019 exhaust. That may be your problem as well.
+1
RPONDER
Yes, I have done all of this when lining it up. Those images are easy to find. My concern is with the intake and exhaust cam alignment. The picture I sent is of a 1997 but my 1995 has the same marks. It starts but behaves like the valve timing is slightly off.
RPONDER
The first picture that you sent shows the alignment pip that is on the block and a notch in the gear on the crankshaft. My gear has no notch, only a circular indentation on the face and the key way hole (squarish hole). If there is supposed to be a notch to line with the pip I am not seeing one (just went out and looked again).
-1
Are you replacing the tension spring? It has been revised if not that may be your problem as well as debris in one of the gears. Check for debris the line up mark looks to be even with key way and may not be visible.
+1
OVERBOOST_CONDITION
  • 1995 TOYOTA CAMRY
Went to replace timing belt on car and noticed that there seem to be odd timing marks on both the crank and cam. On the cam gear, there are three marks, two on the teeth which are six teeth apart and then there is a hole in one of the "spokes" on the cam gear. By the camshaft seal there are also two marks; one is a divet and another looks like a drilled hole.

Now on the crank, there is a dot on the pulley and a little mark on the block. I have lined up the gears to what I believe are their respective marks but the engine still will not start. It feels as if there is no compression. I do not believe there are any bent valves, I just believe the crank/cam are not timed correctly. Please help with the timing marks.
LOSONE
If you timing belt is still on and the engine is running okay, align the engine to number one TDC and verify the marks.
OVERBOOST_CONDITION
The belt broke, and aligning to TDC will only give me the right mark on the crank, which still leaves finding the correct marks for the cam.
LOSONE
It is difficult telling you without looking at them because there are different marks. I suggest you buy a Haynes book for your vehicle. It will give the set up. Good luck
ROCKFELLA
  • 1993 TOYOTA CAMRY
Hi,

I want to know what is the typical life of timing belt. I think it was put on at 120,000 miles. Some say it is anywhere between 60,000 to 70,000 miles. The timing belt looks great and okay. I want to know do I need to change it, if not now what is the perfect time to change it?

Thanks in advance for your help.
If I were you best replace it now-you past the 60,000 mark, it looks good but can mislead you and I do not think you want surprises when it comes. It is your decision.