1992 Toyota Camry camshaft

JOSSJENNINGS
  • 1992 TOYOTA CAMRY
My timing belt went out and I had to replace my belt and valves but we ran into a problem with how to align the cams so it wont mess up the valves there isn't a mark to see what goes where and the Haynes repair book is not helping so I was wondering how does it go back together it is a 4 cylinder 16 valve
Tuesday, November 12th, 2013 AT 11:27 AM

We only show a 2.2L with a single overhead cam
Tuesday, November 12th, 2013 AT 11:53 AM
ALEXFBI77
There is two solutions, one is spend 16 dollars and get one year access to complete manual on www. Alldatadiy. Com, get registered, and purchase vehicle you need, and you'll get a lot more information than you'll ever needed, that will cover every thing you can think of on that vehicle, like how to replace timing belt, and how to Aline, and where all marks are located. Option two, I know for sure, after you have access to timing belt, which you need to take right tire off, little plastic cover that covering pulley, then you'll need to jack it up your engine from bottom, and take engine arm mount, on top passenger side, then lower engine, remove crank shaft pulley, remove timing belt cover, replace timing belt, temporary put back crank shaft pulley, remove spark plug from outer most cylinder passenger side, that's cylinder #1, put in cylinder long screw driver so it reach piston, and slowly turn your crank shaft, until screw driver reach top point, then check marks, one mark located on crank shaft pulley on top, it's a little grove, and on engine block a little tap hole, and other mark should be on cam shaft pulley and all so on valve head a little tap hole, if with cylinder up and all marks are not aligned, make one more rotation, then check, other way make them aligned.
Thursday, January 23rd, 2014 AT 1:49 AM
ALEXFBI77
PS:-) Camry' don't bent valves and don't messed up pistons if timing belt is broken. :-)
Thursday, January 23rd, 2014 AT 1:51 AM